TW200 suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacquesM

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha TW200
I need help and advice from the knowledgeables please.

My TW is a 2008 model with 3 000km on. The suspension is standard.

I don't know if I'll be able to express myself clearly here, but I'll try.

It feels to me as if the suspension is non-existent. If you’re riding  at say 50km/h on a gravel road and you approach even a minor "spoelsloot", your tummy pulls tight because you know beforehand that the bike is going to “hit” you crossing the ditch.

Sometimes I play around with the thought that the only suspension the bike has comes from it’s fat tyres.

Riding another small bike like my TTR250 one gets the idea of the bike soaking up the roughness of the road. The Teewie’s shocks compress all kindly while it’s standing still, but someone welds them tight when it’s being ridden.

I know there are some modifications on the TW forum, but my knowledge is way too limited to even try and guess which ones will work. Banshee shock in the rear is one. How does one know that it will improve the situation.

The guys whom I have ridden with know how much I like that little scooter, but eish man, the ride can be miles better.

I am not reluctant to spend some cents on the suspension, but what will work best?

Any guidance?

Thanks.

Jacques.

Latest posts