TYRES

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
There is always a huge discussion around tyres, best mileage , best grip , best this and that . I have for some time now used BATT hp on my GSXR1000 k6 with very good results , not riding hard , and they give brilliant mileage , about 40k kilos on them commuting sensibly.
Now on my 1190 I used to fit Metz Tourance , great grip and mileage , 15 k on rear , but front always felt like it was on marbles . with last replacement no stock and was offered a MOTOZ tractionator , fitted a KENDA PAVER , Was ok but not all smiles , front was good , rear not so . For our POLAR BEAR TRIP , decided to fit a better rear , paid a deposit on a PIRRELI MT 60 . Time to fit was this trip to Lesotho , and was I impressed , not sure if it will do 10k kilos , but the confidence I had pushing around the mountains roads , was amazing , that MOTOZ FRONT GRIPPED and the REAR was TOP NOTCH . Even the dirt roads became easy , yes they were hard pack ,but I could ride with confidence , same road on the Tourance and it felt like I was on marbles . Now the dirt road is not a issue .
As with many thing horses for courses , tires for the roads make for plenty confidence .