Upgrade your jacket - Knox armour inserts from Topbox's shop...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_wes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
I have a Hein-Gericke summer jacket which is pretty much my daily jacket in anything but very cold weather. Hein-Gericke are in the habit of making good jackets with good armour... except in this particular jacket they decided to put a piece of foam in the back protector pocket instead of a decent back protector (the elbow and shoulder protectors are thankfully decent).

Topbox caught wind of this and took compassion on me, selling me a Knox back protector insert for my jacket  :imaposer:

At roughly R220 it offers me an EC(?) / CE(?) / something (I forget the name of the standard) approved alternative to the flimsy piece of foam excuse for a protector I had before, and ultimately the right kind of protection and piece of mine.

Do yourself a favour - if your jacket doesn't have proper standards approved back, shoulder and elbow inserts (I think of the M2R Rallycross jackets that come with foam inserts as standard), head down to topbox's shop and sort yourself out - Knox have a full range of back, shoulder, elbow and knee inserts in various sizes at good prices.

It's worth it  :thumleft: