Visitor from the U.K.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Hi to you riders in S.A. I am planning a trip next january for about 4-5 weeks . This will be my 3rd trip and find the riding so different from Europe, just love the changes in the country.  Started in J.B. last year , thru Swaziland , and worked my way thru Bavvianskloof, Montague pass, Prince Albert pass to the Cape and then back up thru the Midlands , tried the Sanni Pass but gave it up after a fall.  Next time i,ll get it right hopefully. Met some great people on the trip , Clive Strugnell who hepled me with organisation and travel , Louis Botha a copper in East London, Wimpie Jordaan in Memel and Allan Tweddle at Blue haze Country Lodge in Estcourt . Visit this place its great.  Hope to meet up with all these people next year. Now i am looking for a bike to buy for the trip and resell after. Need a 650 lighweight with trail capabilities, metal luggage etc. Needs to be in the J.B. area where i fly in.  Anyone help on this ??? many thanks ,ride safe all.  SAILOR BROWN