Vstrom cant do rough stuff yeah right !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.Thump said:
Big deal, even a katana can go up there  :peepwall:

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=38766.msg761251#msg761251

Did you notice the parts missing from the Katana after he got to the top?

He removed the fairing to protect it from the rocks :imaposer:

C for ceriooous

But maybe the road was better in 1985

PS. I haven't got anything against the strom, seen a strange oke in PE ride it in the bush here.
I won't mention names corse he's giftig.

IceCreamMan said:
Stroms are great bikes an very capable ,better than the GS11xx range of bikes.

The 650 strom is a peach

I don't agree...................the oilcooler/radiator thingy sit so low in front and is suspect to impact on even the easiest of terrain.

I can't really see what you base your comment on :-\

3 years ago saw a rented Ford focus 1,6 coming down the pass  :eek7:

I don't think it was meant for climbing rocks, if that is what you mean, but it can do a lot more.  I ride one. ;D :ricky:

Operator said:
IceCreamMan said:

The 650 strom is a peach

I don't agree...................the oilcooler/radiator thingy sit so low in front and is suspect to impact on even the easiest of terrain.

Very very few incidents reported of the oil cooler actually being damaged due to locality. the only one i am aware of in za was due to a lot a very lot of mud pushing the oil cooler and breaking it...

The strom was designed to be a gs11xx beater (at the time the gs12 was not avaialble) and in this i think suzuki scored a bullseye. when comparing the big strom to the gs11xx range the strom pretty much beats the bm every time.

had BMW designed the strom it would be a best seller at 50 % more on the sticker price

Operator said:
IceCreamMan said:

The 650 strom is a peach

Guys this was a little RR not a Tech comparison to say which bikes are better than the other. It was intended to show the uninformed that a Vstrom is more than capable of some rough stuff  ::)

FYI if I didnt have a bash plate I would have done some serious damage to the sump etc. The SW Motech plate took some big hits and did its job very well  :thumleft:

IceCreamMan said:
Operator said:
IceCreamMan said:

The 650 strom is a peach

Very very few incidents reported of the oil cooler actually being damaged due to locality. the only one i am aware of in za was due to a lot a very lot of mud pushing the oil cooler and breaking it...

The strom was designed to be a gs11xx beater (at the time the gs12 was not avaialble) and in this i think suzuki scored a bullseye. when comparing the big strom to the gs11xx range the strom pretty much beats the bm every time.

had BMW designed the strom it would be a best seller at 50 % more on the sticker price

Oil cooler more inclined to get damaged from flying Debris.

.Thump said:
Big deal, even a katana can go up there  :peepwall:

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=38766.msg761251#msg761251

Aaaaaah

Suzuki GSKatana - The 1st real dualsport bike...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

IceCreamMan said:
Operator said:
IceCreamMan said:

The 650 strom is a peach

just cause suzuki says its a gs11xx killer does not make it true ???

you still have not answered his original question - what do you base the claim on ???

Battlestar said:
Here we go  :happy1:

My RR has gone to shyt!

we are discussing the pros and cons of some of the bikes in your ride report  :thumleft:

the_BOBNOB said:
IceCreamMan said:
Operator said:
IceCreamMan said:

The 650 strom is a peach

just cause suzuki says its a gs11xx killer does not make it true ???

you still have not answered his original question - what do you base the claim on ???

1. my personal experience with both
2. my decision making process when i actually bought a strom
3. bike tests at the time of the strom launch
4. the 50 kg premium one drives around wiuth the BMW

all sietific data you will agree

sorry battlestar ....

.Thump said:
He removed the fairing to protect it from the rocks :imaposer:

C for ceriooous

But maybe the road was better in 1985

PS. I haven't got anything against the strom, seen a strange oke in PE ride it in the bush here.
I won't mention names corse he's giftig.

:patch:

giftig?  my mom calls me special boet, so i are.  :mwink:

Wagter said:
Jislaaik! That trip must have been epic! Did you post a ride report? I would love to read it!

Nog 'n hijack . . .

It was my pre-dog days, but there is a non-dog report here :-

https://www.tellitlikeitis.co.za/default.asp?LinkID=1296

Battlestar said:
My RR has gone to shyt!
Whatchu expect. ?  ;D
Started with two of the forum's favourite controversies. Bike choice and Sani Pass.
It was inevitable, but thanks for leading with your chin  ;D 

All in good fun. I was kinda hoping this would happen  :pot: :peepwall:

It depends on the rider.A friend of mine rode to "the Hell" with his XJ 750. Pics to follow.

hee Hee.

Maybe we need a new fred related to inapropriate/unexpected bike choice for the ride !!
Some spring to mind.
The couple that did Nam on TW200s - impressive
The oke who did the whole country on a 125 - also impressive
The guys who did the track-days at kyalami on a 950/1200.
Gavin the journalist and his Sani trip on 50 scooters (docd above)
and of course taking a vstrom on anything other than tar  . . .  :pot:  ;D (Purple Turtle's mudscapades) 

GundaGunda said:
Wagter said:
Jislaaik! That trip must have been epic! Did you post a ride report? I would love to read it!

Nog 'n hijack . . .

It was my pre-dog days, but there is a non-dog report here :-

https://www.tellitlikeitis.co.za/default.asp?LinkID=1296

:laughing4: Great story GG, thanks for sharing. Guy being smacked on the back of his head by his own exhaust while riding. Priceless  :imaposer:

Sorry BS, hijack off