Vstrom cant do rough stuff yeah right !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Oil cooler more inclined to get damaged from flying Debris"

Now the above makes more sense, which is to say that any other bike with the oil sump similarly positioned will suffer the same fate.  In other words it can be any other bike's problem.  ;D

GundaGunda said:
hee Hee.

Maybe we need a new fred related to inapropriate/unexpected bike choice for the ride !!
Some spring to mind.
The couple that did Nam on TW200s - impressive
The oke who did the whole country on a 125 - also impressive
The guys who did the track-days at kyalami on a 950/1200.
Gavin the journalist and his Sani trip on 50 scooters (docd above)
and of course taking a vstrom on anything other than tar  . . .  :pot:  ;D (Purple Turtle's mudscapades)   

Gunda how to exclude me! :eek: ???

Attachments

• Scorpion-1.jpg
    Scorpion-1.jpg
    21.3 KB
GundaGunda said:
hee Hee.

Maybe we need a new fred related to inapropriate/unexpected bike choice for the ride !!
Some spring to mind.
The couple that did Nam on TW200s - impressive
The oke who did the whole country on a 125 - also impressive
The guys who did the track-days at kyalami on a 950/1200.
Gavin the journalist and his Sani trip on 50 scooters (docd above)
and of course taking a vstrom on anything other than tar  . . .  :pot:  ;D (Purple Turtle's mudscapades)  

And an 80yr old who did "Die Hell" on an AR125 road bike

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=26328.msg470047#msg470047

Hermanator said:
The Strom goes where the 1200GS goes.

The problem with this position is that the The GS will always be the leader.  The strom goes everywhere even where the GS cannot go. :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

EC passes tour, my strom fully laden with pillion, katberg etc.? and on Anakee's!

.Thump° said:
But maybe the road was better in 1985

Possibly, but the road was so bad for my poor Kat that I nearly shat myself. We decided to ride across Lesotho rather than chance the downhill ride on the Sani. I recall places where the loose rocks were the size of small rugby balls, but perhaps that's just the "Fisherman's" memory after all these years. :) :)

Dustdevil said:
Common, what's the big deal, taxis use that road ???

IMG_1177RR.jpg
Ja but as far as I know those are special 4x4 taxis not our ordinary home grown 2 wheel dirve jobbies .

The Strom will go wherever the rider has the balls to go. Even with Frikken road tyres.

Let's talk Ducati Multistrada now....I want...

SuperDave said:
I've seen Purple Turtle take the gravel in his leisurely stride on his V-Strom 1000 and
he's only had the bike for 4 months if I'm not mistaken!   :thumleft:

Eh Dave, very leisurely, I only had to wait a few times for you to catch up.  :biggrin:

Now for a Purple Turtle Tar Tour - you'll have to NOS the Dakkie!! >:D

Top of Katberg

Attachments

• Katberg.jpg
    Katberg.jpg
    68.8 KB
Good stuff Battlestar, dont worry about the guys whinging about it not being rough, we are just better posers ;D and theyre prolly just a little jealous cos youre the one with the photo. ;D