WAKKERSTROOM D/S Heaven. Ride Report.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bmad said:
Nice report guys :thumleft:

Like SGB said, you can go anywhere in SA and have a good ride.
Thanks for sharing.  ;D
Thank's Bmad ;)

malgat said:
nice pics,,,nice report

looks soooooo lekker rustig there......
Ja Iep. Things are so laid back that if you stop . You start going into reverse after ten minutes ;D

GundaGunda said:
Nice one guys,

Sorry to have missed you. You were North and we went South, and by Sunday the pack was "uitgery" and headed home.

Had a chat with Denzil, the owner of the Majuba Lodge in Newcastle who rode with us on the other KLE, and he says there are some amazing roads out Piet Retief way. He suggested that we put together another ride out that way and he would help us with the route plans. He does 4x4 tour planning out that way.

Newcastle is about as close for the KZN dogs as the Gauties dogs, so it may be a good base.

I'd  be keen to take Denzil up on that, and lookig at your pics it looks like a nice part of the world.
You took the word's right out of my mouth Peter ;) Some awsome riding in that whole area. Could start at Newcastle and work our way through Wakkerstroom-Piet Retief - home Just think we will need more than a week-end to do it. Need to get together and plan something . Let me know.

blazes said:
You took the word's right out of my mouth Peter ;) Some awsome riding in that whole area. Could start at Newcastle and work our way through Wakkerstroom-Piet Retief - home Just think we will need more than a week-end to do it. Need to get together and plan something . Let me know.
Sure thing. Busy few months coming up - many rides on the books.

GundaGunda said:
blazes said:
Sure thing. Busy few months coming up - many rides on the books.
Same here. Busy with work and trying to fit the riding in. Leaving for Waterberg away week-end this month ;D Next month Lesotho and the Hel passes etc. Then Swaziland and then some local rides again. I like the idea of a week- end away ride even if it is not to far from home. I am getting tired of the hit and ride short rides. Not enough time to socialize ???