• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Bigger bike for commuting and adventures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi, I would like to upgrade from my Motomia 200cc. :) This is my transport every day. sold the car so on my bike rain or shine. didn't travel too far so it worked well for the last 4 years. Did 50000km + on bikes since I sold my car.  But now I'm going to travel further to work and doing some km on highways... I'm looking for something reliable and something that wont cost too much to maintain either, and something that I can use for adventures. I'm an avid adventurer and has all the gear to spend nights in the mountains but no bike that can take me there. My commuting each day will be at least 30km on way... and might include even more driving. was looking at an older (2001) BMW F650GS or maybe a newer (2007/2008) KLR 650 or even a DR 400E. I'm willing to spend up to R25000 for a decent bike... any recommendations or advice? Thanks!

Latest posts