Warning Airoh service sucks with no warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rone

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I bought a Airoh S4  helmet plus minus 2to3 months ago from Auto Motorcyles in Walmer, Port Elizabeth. Ever since then I have been intermittedly to them complaining about the whistling noise of the helmet ( not the wind noise). It became so unbearable that I took it back to them 2 weeks ago and asked that it be sorted out. The Salesman (Aubrey, I think is his name) was told by Airoh to send it back for testing. I went to fetch it today just to be told that there is nothing wrong with the helmet. I was unhappy with this and Aubrey got the Airoh agents on the line for me. I was told by the Airoh agent in no uncertain terms that there is NO waranty on it and that they will not sort it out. They would not even change the visor for one that actually fitted the helmet.

Aubrey gave me another visor (tinted one) to try in the shop and you could clearly see the differance in the fitment of the visor. When trying to show the other salesman how a visor should fit on a helmet he pulled an attitude and said he does not even want to look.
Aubrey however went out of his way to assist me in my predicament and keep me happy as a customer. He gave me a "special" discount on the tinted visor and offered to buy me another clear visor out of his own pocket to replace my ill-fitting one.

Thanks to Aubrey for going the extra mile. I just wanted to warn everybody that although the salesman that sold me the helmet went out of his way, him nor me got any support from Airoh, and it is so wrong that he must now take the nock for something that Airoh should sort out and is clearly a factory fault.

This is not Brand bashing but service level bashing. The importers/local agents for Airoh feels nothing for customers.  Be Warned............