Wearing CTI knee braces

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

africana

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I have been forunateto have aquired a pair of CTI braces via medical aid after a knee injury.

Question to the riders who use them - how does one wear them so they can be worn all day comfortable?  I find them (only worn them 3 times so far for 3- or 4 hours at a time) very uncomfortable and don;t at this stage sse myself wearing them fir a whole day.

The straps are either to tight or to loose. I look like a S&M bondage victim (I would imagine that's what they look like!) with the red marks on my legs and frankly at this stage really not impressed for what was paid for them. My wife had a skew look at the red lines and marks on my legs when I came home on Saturday. Had to hide in the pool or wear a jean instead of shorts to the shops.....

What am I doing wrong? I have looked at the videos again and again, doing what they say and still appear like a S&M victim afterwards. On my solo ride Saturday I even whipped down my pants to adjust some of the straps that were uncomfortable. As I said ....it was a solo ride.  ;)

The little legging supplied with the braces migrated down (their word usage) and was useless. I will therefore, in future, wear my cycling legging that does not migrate to try and prevent the discomfort of the straps. Even wearing the normal long socks for knee guards I have marks on my legs.

I know it is still new buy any advise or solutions from other users?

Thanks.