Welding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eberhard

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Moto Guzzi (all models)
This was my third go at welding. I was given a welding machine more than a year ago. Since then I have welded on two occasions two pieces of metal together. I watched quite a few videos on the net, read articles and listened to a few people. It all seemed fairly easy. I know there are master at welding out there. I have seen some of them doing it. Some I would term to be magicians. I am an apprentice’s apprentice.

I ever so now and then have had something to be welded. Where it was of importance I was always fortunate to know such a master welder close by. At times I would not go the welding route, but use nuts and bolts and drills. Works well, but sometimes welding would be the way to go. And I don’t want to abuse people by constantly bothering them with trivial stuff. I must learn to weld myself. I’ve got the equipment.

Today I noticed that two brackets that mount and stabilise the carrier frame of the scooter, were broken off. Time for me to weld. So here goes:

I am learning. I made a lot of mistakes, I am sure. I want to know the how and why. I want to be a welder.