What do you eat on long bike tours?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeonDude

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Sometimes while reading ride reports I come across stories that makes my mouth water, like buying fresh fish and having a braai, or putting a steak or tjops on the coals.
Other times, people mention words that I try to forget afterwards, things like bully beef, russians and viennas.
Some people like taking enough food for the whole tour, while others will depend on buying from shops every day. That is the way I do it. I plan my stay – overs to be near towns because that is usually where the camping sites are, and I buy at the towns. When I camp far from town I’ll take food, but then they usually have a little shop on site, and sometimes even a restaurant.
Oh ja, don’t let us forget the Wimpy food, the American shop that begins with an M who’s name I won’t even type, and places like Spur, Steers and all the rest.

So what do you people like to eat on a multi – day bike trip, and how do you carry and prepare your food?