• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What is my KLR worth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franky3

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Good morning guys and girls.

I would like to know what I could possibly get for my KLR. I don't really want to sell but the sad truth is I don't use it for what is was made. I have been saving up and cutting on most expenses to get a place of my own for me and my son. It is something I need to do. The more I think about it the more it makes sense. I ride +- 8km to work and 8km back in traffic every week day. Weekends I don't use my bike because me, the girlfriend and my son do stuff together so we use the car. So I am basically using my KLR to ride in traffic every day. I think there is someone out there that can really show this bike the life it deserves.

Anyhow, More about the bike.

It is a 2012 KLR with just over 30k on the clocks. Still in everyday use.
I bought the bike with suspension already upgraded, front and back. I think I still have the original that the previous owner sent along.
The bike also already had an aftermarket exhaust, crash bars, tall screen and offroad foot pegs. The bike also has a 12v power socket. I have the original exhaust and screen.
Since I bought it I added a topbox that can fit 2 fullface helmets or in my case my helmet and jacket. I also added pannier racks with pannier bags. I also added a digital clock on the dash that illuminates when the ignition is turned on. I have been in poring rain and it is still working strong.
The bike is Kawasaki green with some custom stickers, originally it was red but I bought it like it is now. There is no sign of why the previous owner did this other that he liked the green as much as I do.

Jorg did a major service on the bike in March and about the same time I had both sprockets and chain replaced. The bike uses minimal oil. I very seldom have to top up oil in between services. The bike was regularly serviced.

From the top of my head I can't think of anything else to mention. If there are any questions feel free to ask it here or on pm.
Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated. And if it so happens that you are interested then please send me a msg. I will add some pics if needed. Please know that this bike is in cape town and I don't waste water on washing my bike every week. I like it a bit dirty.