What's your idea of off-road?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michnus

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
I see the word off-road is being loosely used around this forum like a old whore :lol: Ja well, that's what this site is about anyway. :lol:

What does the word off road mean to you? Is it a leisurely cruise on a dirt road that is like a tar road. Maybe a bit of anthills and some sandy patches or hardcore technical riding? And then very fast long dirt road stretches.

For example, if LITO explains how impressive his Ketoom is off-road I need to know what his off-road means. I think his off-road is a few sandy patches on Clifton beach. My idea of that is to know that this bike can actually scale a rocky outcrop with tennis ball size rocks. Don't loose yourself LIto it is just an example. :twisted: :lol:

If I say I ride 80% off road is this enduro type riding or just gravel road to the plaas and back? My idea of 80% off-road means I need an enduro bike. I have friends that ride BMW Dakar's where most baboons can't walk and I struggle to ride a enduro bike.

Is there suggestions where we can categories this, or other terminology so most people will understand the skill level or ability of the bike and the terrain?

Latest posts