Where has your bike taken you today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laaste foto geneem vanaf Bergpad, rigting Kaapstad.

Attachments

• IMG_8496.JPG
    IMG_8496.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 182
I then followed the Stellenbosch mountain along a rocky footpath, until I reached the old military shooting ranges up the Blaauklippen valley.

I took these photos from there with Stellenbosch mountain behind me, in the direction of table mountain.

Attachments

• IMG_8499.JPG
    IMG_8499.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 187
This last one was taken from the "Bergpad", with a touch of zoom. :biggrin:

Table mountain, with the upper cable car building just visible on the righthand edge, where Table mountain drops off behind Devil's peak.

Attachments

• IMG_8497.JPG
    IMG_8497.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 178
2StrokeDan said:
Took the 300 for a ride this morning, about 2 hours, just around Sellenbosch town in the foothills of the Simonsberg and Stellenbosch mountain.

I first went to the government experimental farm, Nietvoorbij, that is situated on the R44, about 2 kms from my home.

Ground is really grippy, except of course where it is clay, there is is snotty as hell. Firtunately the 300 is the king of off-idle torque.

Why the tall fence?

big oil said:
2StrokeDan said:
Took the 300 for a ride this morning, about 2 hours, just around Sellenbosch town in the foothills of the Simonsberg and Stellenbosch mountain.

I first went to the government experimental farm, Nietvoorbij, that is situated on the R44, about 2 kms from my home.

Ground is really grippy, except of course where it is clay, there is is snotty as hell. Firtunately the 300 is the king of off-idle torque.

Why the tall fence?

Part of the plants on the government experimental farm is proteas, and these get stolen big time, as well as anything that looks valuable, hence the fence.

2StrokeDan said:
I then went back to town, and about halfway up Helshoogte pass, I turned right into Bothma's Kop, where there is fabulous riding, took nophotos here though, risky to stop, people has often been robbed here.

Carried on to Stellenbosch mountain, onto the so-called "Bergpad", which is the system of roads situated directly above the university's sport complex, Coetzenburg.

This offers a view directly onto the "Pieke", a peak in the Jonkershoek mountain.

Mooi fotos [member=8876]2StrokeDan[/member] !
Amper gedink jou profiel is gekaap...... :peepwall:

Noneking said:
2StrokeDan said:
I then went back to town, and about halfway up Helshoogte pass, I turned right into Bothma's Kop, where there is fabulous riding, took nophotos here though, risky to stop, people has often been robbed here.

Carried on to Stellenbosch mountain, onto the so-called "Bergpad", which is the system of roads situated directly above the university's sport complex, Coetzenburg.

This offers a view directly onto the "Pieke", a peak in the Jonkershoek mountain.
Twee vrae waarmee die fotos geneem en wie het hulle gepost? ;) :peepwall: :lol8:

Mooi fotos [member=8876]2StrokeDan[/member] !
Amper gedink jou profiel is gekaap...... :peepwall:

2StrokeDan said:
big oil said:
2StrokeDan said:

Why the tall fence?

Part of the plants on the government experimental farm is proteas, and these get stolen big time, as well as anything that looks valuable, hence the fence.

I'll be darn, and here I thought it was to keep animals out.

big oil said:
2StrokeDan said:
big oil said:
2StrokeDan said:

Why the tall fence?

I'll be darn, and here I thought it was to keep animals out.

In a manner of speaking it is to keep animals out. ;)

[member=8876]2StrokeDan[/member] , if Noneking has taught us one thing on this thread, it is to get good shots of the bike.  Gooi a nice one of the KTM please.

I took mine to Parklands this morning.  Great bikes these.  After the standing mine now has the 007 smokescreen feature switched on.  The poor guys behind me  crashed from all the gear oil smoke.

katana said:
[member=8876]2StrokeDan[/member] , if Noneking has taught us one thing on this thread, it is to get good shots of the bike.  Gooi a nice one of the KTM please.

I took mine to Parklands this morning.  Great bikes these.  After the standing mine now has the 007 smokescreen feature switched on.  The poor guys behind me  crashed from all the gear oil smoke.

This 300 is so old, and so crashed, it is better to keep it far in the background. :imaposer:  Is your bike leaking gear oil into the crankcase?

I mix my petroil at at least 50;1, as I never pinthe throttle for any period of time, just short bursts every now and then to "clear it's throat"

Battle scars tell stories.  I checked the oil level during the ride and it was very low.  The smoking is new.

Had a kiff West Coast canter this arvie.

Attachments

• 20200530_195250.jpg
    20200530_195250.jpg
    725.4 KB · Views: 202
Soos Danie het ons gistermiddag om doe dorp gery Dorp lê tusse ons en die berd

f0937560bd2ea47d9f7c1c2b0c476a19.jpg

Nou is ons teen daai berg

6812e427c9884bd9fd9ed8c4f658820c.jpg

c2ec7a8c6a633672c2690bc2c65f1b80.jpg

Wereld het mooi skoon gereen, maar die fietse het effens vuil teruggekom

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Had to do a quick work trip yesterday to a farm close to Oesterbaai, perfect opportunity to take the 640 for a ride

20200530-084825.jpg

20200530-090112.jpg

20200530-090518.jpg

20200530-094023.jpg

20200530-133207.jpg

20200530-143355.jpg

Great ride in the Kaapsehoop mountains wit @Chopperpilot and a few other hooligans

2256ffd38b969de26baf21a024391ab2.jpg