Windscreens on 650L

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlon

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR200
So, it is with much regret that I had to start a whole thread about this, but it seems the only way to go is to get this information from other 650L jockeys with windscreens. I had a hard time in the wind on mine, in stock form, and I couldn't wait to get my windscreen. Eventually, I got it (from TopBox's shop), a Hyde windscreen. It seems the windscreen is an odd height for my odd height...  8)

Without one, I have heavy slaps when on the highway, so it was hard to get to 100, and hard to stay there, felt unsafe. With the windscreen however, I have a very high frequency buffetting in my face. My helmet visor literally creaks in the pockets of air bombarding it many times a second. Sitting higher helps, but it is unnatural, and tires me.

What do you guys have on, what are your experiences? Should i mount the windscreen with spacers to allow flow under it? Should I melt it down and make salad spoons?
Not sure, but the buffeting and steering influences it has on me, feels really unsafe :)

I am keeping it on though, until I can figure it all out, and learn the windscreen aerodynamic ropes. Would like to keep it, it has several other pro's for me.

Share data!
:thumleft: