WINTER 2025 POLAR BEAR TOUR ( PRE PLANNING)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Yes I am aware its mid summer , sort of :rolleyes: and planning a winter trip is still a long way /time away . But this all said our last trips were into Lesotho , one to Katse dam and this year was to Mohale dam . both rides were amazing but I think planning a tour could be slightly more appetizing ,in previous year we would use Clarens as our base and do a day ride to a destination and come back , for next year I would like to plan a continues tour ,so no base , but as the trip is over a long weekend , pre booking accommodation would be a pre requisite .
Thinking of going around Lesotho , 13 to 16 June with Monday a public holiday , we could possibly start in Clarens the Friday and then do about 500 k stretches on SATURDAY AND SUNDAY , back in Clarens on Sunday night to ride home Monday , this idea could be a bit of a waste of a day .
But as this is early planning , where would you go to temp the elements for a freezing winter ride ? Our departure point is Johannesburg Friday 13 June and need to be home by Monday afternoon say 3/4 pm
We can do about 400k on the Friday afternoon to a pitstop and then have 3 full days of riding from Saturday morning .