Wiring burnt AGAIN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giepie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Earlier this year I reported that my pig just died.  Hall sensors etc checked, nothing wrong, but still dead.  Then they replied there was a loose connection in the wiring from the ignition switch.  Repaired and "fixed".  October started doing it again without regularity.  When I took off the tank to see what's going on, the bike almost went up in smoke, well lots of smoke.  R4 500 later it was "fixed".  In November it started to cut out again, same as previously.  Took it back and they reckon it was "loose" connections on the "alarm" battery in the bike.  Went fine until last week.  Started with the same problems.  Workshop that did the job is closed until 7/1/2013.  Thought again I will just have a quick peek.  Before I had the tank off the wiring started to smoke AGAIN.    :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

The wires from the ignition switch is burnt completely, as wel as some others lower down.

Have to wait 2 weeks for the workshop to open, then probably another 2 weeks to fix the bike.  4 WEEKS WITHOUT A BIKE and on vacation.    :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry5: :angry5: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :sad6: :sad6: :sad6: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Latest posts