• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

XR200 1984 (RFVC) rolling frame with 2 valve engine for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkinoff

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Hello, I bought a bike from a fellow WD that I planned on restoring. The frame is a 1984 RFVC but badly modified to accept a 2 valve engine - I did not notice this when I looked at the bike. I am willing to strip and sell for any reasonable offers.

Available is the:

Frame with rear shock and filter box- I think it's not really worth anything as it has been raped. No side covers.

Front light and "fairing", reasonable condition. Rear mudguard poor condition and light not standard.

Standard 1984 RFVC model front mudguard, good condition but needs water paper to polish out the fade.

Front forks, wheel (rim PERFECT, bearings, axle good, spokes surface corroded, hub and brake mechanically good and complete but black anodizing coming off) and triple clamp good but anodizing coming off.

Swing arm fair condition, needs paint - no chain guided and slide.

Nice tank with fuel tap, needs water paper and polish to remove stains.

Seat, structure nice, cover does not look standard.

Rear wheel, PERFECT rim with spokes surface corroded. Hub and brake mechanically good and complete but black anodizing coming off.

2 valve head - good condition including good rockers and valves. Cam good but surface corrosion.

Stator coils and flywheel - good

BRAND NEW piston, rings and gudgeon pin. Piston has "50" stamped on it.

Engine and gearbox, excluding the cylinder and head. Crank, gearbox and conrod feels perfect.

Will post pics later today.

I'll consider any offers (IF ANY ;D) but do not have the organizational skills, will and time to post accepted dibs and PM's on a daily basis - if I get any at all ;D. I would prefer if possible offers are made on this post and not via PM's in order to prevent unhappiness. I'll try my best to post successful sales and progress daily but please be patient if I don't log on or reply every day. I am willing to pack and courier on the buyer's account.