XT Bash 2014 - "At Last"!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm nearly done chaps....byt net bietjie was..

DAY 6:
Up early, no breakfast and off we go.
Swartberg Pass , Beufort West to Victoria Wes

Anton had to hit the road back to Kroonstad for business stuff and left us to make dust in the Karoo.

Attachments

• Day 6 2 Dampad om.jpg
    Day 6 2 Dampad om.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Day 6 3 Swartberge Toe.jpg
    Day 6 3 Swartberge Toe.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 240
  • Day 6 4 Swartberge.jpg
    Day 6 4 Swartberge.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 237
  • Day 6 5 Swartberge.jpg
    Day 6 5 Swartberge.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 243
  • Day 6 6 Swartberge.jpg
    Day 6 6 Swartberge.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Day 6 7 Swartberge.jpg
    Day 6 7 Swartberge.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 233
  • Day 6 8 Swartberge.jpg
    Day 6 8 Swartberge.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 244
  • Day 6 9 Swartberge 1.jpg
    Day 6 9 Swartberge 1.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Day 6 9 Swartberge 2.jpg
    Day 6 9 Swartberge 2.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Day 6 1 KTM riders dress funny.jpg
    Day 6 1 KTM riders dress funny.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 240
More........

We discovered that the trailer had cracked and we needed to weld it.
It was Sunday and after asking around we found a chap who said he knew of another guy who's uncle had a  girlfriend who's mothers brother was his cousin and he could help us.
We left the trailer with him (and the other 600 onlookers) and went back to town for some chow.

When we returned there were 300 drunk people all touching, pulling, shoving and asking for a ride.
The other 300 asked for money because they had looked after the bike and trailer while we were gone.
Seriously!

We paid the chap his R200 and wacked it out of there towards Beaufort West were Charles had to catch the Intercape back to Bloem by 3.
As luck would have it, after about 60kms on the gravel we hit a locked gate and had to backtrack.
We then agreed to hit the tar via  Leeu-Gamka to get Charles to his bus on time.

Attachments

• Day 6 11 Trailer Fix.jpg
    Day 6 11 Trailer Fix.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Day 6 13 Prins Albert Chow.jpg
    Day 6 13 Prins Albert Chow.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 239
  • Day 6 12 Trailer Busted.jpg
    Day 6 12 Trailer Busted.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Day 6 10 Swartberge.jpg
    Day 6 10 Swartberge.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 242
  • Day 6 9 Swartberge.jpg
    Day 6 9 Swartberge.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 234
Dropped Charles off and hit the gravel to Victoria West

"Man I hate cage duty"

Attachments

• Day 6 14 I hate Cage Duty.jpg
    Day 6 14 I hate Cage Duty.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 236
  • Day 6 15 I hate Cage Duty.jpg
    Day 6 15 I hate Cage Duty.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 239
  • Day 6 16 I hate Cage Duty.jpg
    Day 6 16 I hate Cage Duty.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 228
  • Day 6 17 I hate Cage Duty.jpg
    Day 6 17 I hate Cage Duty.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 233
  • Day 6 17 Jou Yster.jpg
    Day 6 17 Jou Yster.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 235
  • Day 6 17 Rustyd.jpg
    Day 6 17 Rustyd.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 229
We got to Victoria West and went out for supper to the local cafe where the Oom was really cool and let us bring our coolbox inside.
Needless to say it ended up in a good old 'Boys night out" in the Cafe where we sang and entertained all the customers.

Had a lekker warm bath, warm bed and hot coffee and snored like a demon possesed.

Next day after breakfast served by the owner and a very "naughty" elderly lady who calls a spade a spade, I was rewarded by riding the Dakkie.
All the other bikes were loaded onto the trailer as the other three manne were taking strain from a wicked hangover.
Plan was that we would each ride the Dakkie for about 200kms......

Ha ha ha..... by the time we got to Phillipstown to refuel I realised that it would be safer if I continue riding all the way back to Kroonstad.

Attachments

• Day 7 - Ek oppie dakkie.jpg
    Day 7 - Ek oppie dakkie.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 232
  • Day 7 - Doors.jpg
    Day 7 - Doors.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 229
All went well and I enjoyed my helmet time with good music in my ears all the way home.

The Kroonstad Dirt Road Riders will see you again this year........(if Oppie agrees to co-ordinate the arrangements again, XT Joe the T-Shirts and if Veldtie allows us back?)

Ciao!

Attachments

• Vrystaat XT manne .jpg
    Vrystaat XT manne .jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 234
Very nice oke's  :thumleft:
Did not know there is a dirt road between Bloem and Colesberg

What a nice ride- thanks for sharing - absolute fun joining all you maniacs for a day or two :thumleft:

Lekker, lekker!

Check daai sexy oranje ass wat daar uitsteek...  :thumleft:

index.php

BTW, daai klip paadjie laat by baie aan hierdie dink...

[flash=720,405]https://www.youtube.com/v/EJx1BM6nzH8[/flash]

Yerra guys, what I wouldn't give to have been on that ride with those XT's keeping my old faithful company. Thats one of the best ride reports i've read in a long time in terms of where you managed to go in a relatively short space of time and the fun you had. Moer jealous at the moment.

Bill p said:
Yerra guys, what I wouldn't give to have been on that ride with those XT's keeping my old faithful company. Thats one of the best ride reports i've read in a long time in terms of where you managed to go in a relatively short space of time and the fun you had. Moer jealous at the moment.

Then you'd better make a plan to join us in August when we go down that way again.

Sidpitt said:
Bill p said:

Then you'd better make a plan to join us in August when we go down that way again.

I'm in if all goes well