Yamaha Tenere XT660Z for sale - if you can improvise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
My XT660Z ECU is giving me sufficient headaches that the passion is lost. I have confirmed that the fuelling function is the culprit. Fuel injection relay is 100% and all other sensors. Engine is mechanically in a very good condition (26k km). A replacement ECU from Yamaha is ridiculously expensive- unrealistic price. Secondhand ECU an option, but at the moment, I do not find one in SA (there is one in UK available). It is relatively simple to program any one of the aftermarket ECU's (similar to those used in cars), and then map it using a Dyna as load emulator. (Ignition, immobiliser and other ECU functions are perfect). Aftermarket, pre-programmed ECU's exists in Aus and from the Netherlands. But, I am reluctant to spend more time as it took a LONG time to conclude what is wrong - and I can rather spend hours to generate invoices then spending money and not printing invoices. Therefore: if someone offers me R40k for a Tenere that would fetch R80k, I will consider. Suspension has been upgraded front and rear with progressive Hyperpro spings. LED spotlights, USB, extended visor, Leo Vince pipes. This model has the indicator lamps inside the headlight and tail-light, cannot be damaged if you want to fall. Strong sump plate, centre stand. NEW sprockets, X-ring chain. New wheel bearings, front and rear. NEW battery. Washable air-filter. If interested, contact me for more information, photos, references (i.e. Len from XT Freak cycles).