ZARTEK 2-Way Radios............ who needs one/some ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
FANTASTIC radio - mounted on my bike... as well as a few mates' bikes.

In SA these radios proved themselves over distance and were remarkably good in mountainous area's. During our trip in France - we also tried to stretch the range and it was a blessing to have for the bike--bike comms.

Amageza's coming!!  .... and one of the equipment requirements will be a suitable PMR Radio that has the capability of increasing the output power - the Zartek ZA-708 is recommended.

For those riders that already have this fantastic radio - they will back me with it's reliability and ease of use - even more so if you have the Helmet headphones & microphone installed! (Ask Any Ross  :mwink:)

Details on the radio as follows: (PRICE UPDATE as of 3rd May 2013)

COST to the Wilddog Fraternity:   R 865.00 each (postage included)

Zartek PMR UHF FM Transceiver ZA-708

za708_zps24346b2b.gif

- Licence free use
- Pre-programmed 16 Channels
- Power output 500mW or 4Watt
- Tones 47 CTCSS / 199 DCS
- Dual colour TX/RX LED indicator              
- Crystal Clear Loud Audio
- High Impact Casing
- Compact & Lightweight
- Low battery alert
- External microphone/speaker jack
- Compatible to Zartek Pro8 radio (446 MHz)
- Channels programmable via PC (Optional) - I have in fact programmed mine to match the Kenwood Radios in use here - works perfectly!
- External Antenna Kit (Optional)
- 1 year warranty

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OPTIONAL EXTRA's available:

GE-260 External Antenna with Magnetic Mount ( R 295.00 each excl Postage)

Radio signal strength is reduced by metal and concrete enclosures. When the antenna is placed outside, signal propagation and clarity improves significantly. Communication range is approximately DOUBLED when using the external antenna.
GE260_zps1ed25864.jpg

Includes:
-  Detachable UHF Rubber Antenna
-  Cable with connectors
-  12V Smart drop-in charger + Vehicle adaptor
-  Magnetic Mount
-  Velcro strip

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GE-263s External Antenna with Base Mount ( R 295.00 each excl Postage)

When the antenna is placed outside, signal propagation and clarity improves significantly. Communication range is approximately DOUBLED when using the external antenna. This setup is ideal for a base station or could also be installed in remote places (like Cederberg Oasis - to pre-order drinks  :mwink:) to allow a high vantage point for the anyenna.
GE263s_zps03f5a67c.jpg

-  Detachable UHF Rubber Antenna
-  8m Cable with connectors, incl L bracket

TO PLACE ORDERS - PLEASE PM me for what you are interested in.

Bulk or combined postage will be available and I'll re-program and setup all radios before shipping!
(at no additional cost!  :thumleft:)

I will have all radios sent to Cape Town - so can also be collected from me!