Zumo 660. How to plan a UK trip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tok-tokkie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha TW200
1. I recently traded in my failed 550 on a 660.
2. I have not really used the 660.  But it seems MUCH slower to refresh the screen after dragging it than the 550.  Is that true?
3. I would like to plan a trip in the UK.  I can, with a lot of persistence & patience, drag the map up through Africa, across Italy & France & eventually get to the UK.  Is there an easy way to get there?
4. With the installed Europe maps selected, if I enter Rochdale in the UK as the place I want to get to all the Zumo seems to know about is South African cities.  How do I get it to work off the Europe map?
5. Will the Zumo work in the UK like it does here?  By that I mean will Where To be functional in the same way as it is here but working on the UK roads & places centred on my geographical location?

MAPSOURCE:
6. My Mapsource does not have Europe on it.  How do I get it to have the UK roads & places?  What does it cost?
7. I have Mapsource on my Notebook & also my Asus Netbook which I would like to take with to the UK.  Any problems with having the UK maps on both?

8. Anything else I should be aware of?