Breede Bash, change of venue, let rip!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoetbul

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
To all those who attended and made it to the changed venue at the last minute, post your pic's and drunken gossip here!
Will upload mine in the morning! :thumleft:

I took no pictures

Attachments

• beers.JPG
    beers.JPG
    13.8 KB

Attachments

• 20121124_182234.jpg
    20121124_182234.jpg
    89.6 KB
  • 20121124_182155.jpg
    20121124_182155.jpg
    108.5 KB
  • 20121124_182149.jpg
    20121124_182149.jpg
    95.2 KB
Thank you Hein and Dewald for organizeing this. A "lekke" plaasparty. :deal: :thumleft:

Al die nuwe skaapkop eters - stuur my 'n PM asb.

Ek kan nie ALZ onthou nie.  ;)

Nee, 5, maar die ander twee is BAIE  swak gehalte, julle verstaan natuurlik hoekom.

Heimer said:
Al die nuwe skaapkop eters - stuur my 'n PM asb.

Ek kan nie ALZ onthou nie.  ;)

Praat jy van my? Jy het my in my dronkenskap n stuk van daai ondier se lip gevoer. En in n sick and twisted way het ek dit geniet.

Sies!!!

I’ve never attended the 7 previous WC bashes and I very nearly missed this one too, I was a last minute entrant. The previous Friday, Jacko took advantage of my reduced resistance as a result of a bit too much beer to twist my normally strong resolve.

I think a part of the reason that I’ve missed the others is because living in the WC, I personally know a lot of the punters and they’re a viscous bunch of no good drunks with a riding problem. Me, I am a bit of a puritan and seldom take a tipple, preferring tea and a quiet game of scrabble if given the choice. I like to have some really good riding at my bashes with early nights and fine technical discussions.

We had agreed to meet at the N1 Engen. I arrived half an hour early and a bit wet and had forgotten my camera so all the photo’s are from my crap cellphone. The wet gear had to be packed out and we thought we’d wait out the rain over a cup of coffee and some philosophical chat. I was being optimistic about both. The rain wasn’t going to let up and the chat was nothing of consequence, Jacko was leading the conversation down the very worn path of wives, bikes, booze and guns. I of course was too polite to stop him and ask for something a bit more intellectual. I was saved by Freak, his Dad and friend (whose name, I sadly can’t remember) who invited us to join them for breakfast in Rawsonville.

Okay, we’d meet them there but we were going to go over Bainskloof pass as I wanted to do a bit of riding and see how my new E09 Mitas’ would cope with the wet and the pass and have a bit of a look at the river. It was highly irritating when we caught up to Freak on their bobber BM’s that Jaccko chickened out, changed the plan without consultation and meekly followed the BM’s. The spirit of adventure had deserted him. He rides a bike that by his own admission is the most KTM’ised BM you can get and he passed up the opportunity so that he could drain down the Du Toitskloof tunnel. It was sad to witness the self-emasculation of this once proud son of Afriforum.

Lunch was a small portent of things to come. Beer came with the food? We still had a few k’s to go and they were happily quaffing a few beers. Heathens! I had to drink my 2 because I’m sure they would have drunk mine had I refused and I couldn’t have them drinking more than the 2 they already had had. I did it for them and they never even thanked me for doing it either the savages!

Hein had graciously offered his place in lieu of the hurricane infested place just down the road.

It was with trepidation that I recognised A LOT of the aforementioned drunks all wandering around with beers in hand. After setting up my palace for the evening, Hein, being a wine farmer, had thoughtfully organised some alcohol free red wine for me for the bargain basement price of R20.00.

I had brought along my plastic chair and settled around the braai’s to observe the upcoming social train wreck that was sure to follow. Fortunately I had planted my chair next to some fellow intellectuals who also had something interesting to say, but their names too, have slipped my fading memory. Actually, now that I think about it, I can’t remember what we spoke about?

Hein also very interestingly supplied a guided tour around his grape picker. It is a wonder of comfort, agrarian mechanisation and technology and replaces 180 able bodied strikers and only gobbles 220 litres of diesel for the pleasure. It was far better being educated than having to suffer the new sport that had started at the braai area – sheep head cooking and devouring. The savages where getting savager by the litre per minute.

I am, I’ll admit a squeamish eater. I don’t do liver, kidneys, mussels, crayfish, olives and certainly not brains. Just watching the application of jam and homemade bread to sheeps brains had me retching. I just don’t understand the attraction. No one in their right mind should have to do this.

I  had braai’d my meat to perfection and was on my second bottle of non-fortified wine when the barn started to become a prime party with a bakkies sound system doing it’s duty. Strangely enough everyone started to sound very intelligent to me which normally never happens when the people I hang around with get drunk.

Man love

In fact I had a wonderful time and amazingly I even tried a bit of whisky after the second bottle of grape juice was finished. Very unusual for me.

Someone had bravely proposed marriage, see what alcohol can do?  Bus administering the last rites.

The rest of the evening was surprisingly fun.

Puncture repair kit

And owner of said puncture

I didn’t bother getting undressed much at bed time when I crawled into my tent, a pity really as I had packed my superman pyjamas and slippers. The reason was that I was very tired from all the grape juice. Heins, bar staff had mistakenly given me full alcoholic grape juice. I have a mind to ask for my money back! I had been tricked into becoming one of the Alcoholics not very Anonymous.

Jacko had started a rumour that I had fallen asleep in a flowerbed somewhere only because he didn’t check my tent properly, he was still looking through his beer goggles. My abode and aforesaid plastic chair.

The bobbers!

We soon packed up and were off…

only to do a greasy breakfast and more beer at the Du Toitskloof hotel.

Jacko did make the limp point that it was not a problem as we were no going to be driving

Finally I got rid of Jacko, the beer bag, and found my home where I crashed asleep till 5.

Thanks very much to Hein and the organisers and the few who I had some great chats with, but the rest of you savages are beyond salvation and I hope when I come to the next one, you will have sorted your shit out.  I have marked my spot for the occasion

Hein baie dankie vir die gebruik van jou plek en die Jaggies en ook al die Suipkaap grapgatte en Bertie en Heimer en Jup wat nie onder hulle tel nie vir weereens n ma moerse lekker trippie.  :thumleft: :thumleft:

:laughing4: Great RR Andrew. These WD's are truly a bunch of heathen drunkards, I wouldn't mix with them anymore if I was you  ;)

Thanks for the RR,  was great meeting you  :thumleft: 

Dankie Hein en die organiseerders dat julle dit vir ons lekker gemaak het!  Dankie Riebeeker en Bottervet vir die mooi "long way home" ride op Sondag.  'n Ware Scenic Ride!

Yes Kamanya, now you know why I have never heard of these Bashes on the Breede - so much safer this way :spitcoffee: :spitcoffee: