Touratech 16 December day ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjops

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
First up, thanks to all who organised the ride and attended. I was nice to meet fellow dogs and riding together.  :thumleft:

Right, this is how I can explain the ride for the day: from the Touratech shop we moered into some backroad plaaspaaie, with lost of mud pools, loose sands, sinkplaat, crevecis and whole atoher nasty stuff. We were making our way to Secunda, but I think I speak for the majority of us that attented, we didn't have clue of where we were, except of course for the organisers!  ;D

Unfortunalty, one of the BMW G 650 X Country riders developed electrical problems, and had to fall out. Furthermore, a poor bloke on 'lewensgevaarlike' bike broke his fork or something, and to rub salt in his wounds he apparatly lost his GPS.  :-\

As for the rest, after some 'lewensgevaarlike' situations on the dirt, we made it to Dros in Secunda, where we enjoyed a well deserved meal. From there, some dogs decided they had had enough - mostly excuses of family obligations etc. and after filling up with juice departed on their merry way. Fortunalty for them, we shan't name and shame them.  :p

Those loyal dogs remaining, we decided to do some more dirt on our way back to Delmas. But woe, when we hit the dirt and things were just becoming lekker, a BMW G 650 X Country's (am I the only one seeing a pattern here?) rear shock absorber pen broke. Now, we could have been basterds and left the poor dog along the road, but we decided to try and help and wait for the rescue veichle to arrive.  :-\

And that's that - rescue vehicle showed up (after getting lost a few times along the way). Bike loaded, and off home we went, riding into the sunset!  :ricky:

Next time we try the whole route!

Some pics that I could manage to take:

To view the whole album:https://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/oktanol/16_Dec_Off%20Road%20Trip/

Waiting for some dogs to catch up:
16_Dec_2.jpg

16_Dec_12.jpg

Big Mudpool of Terror:
16_Dec_3.jpg

'Don't worry, it's only this deep.'
16_Dec_8.jpg

'See, I told you it was not deep.'
16_Dec_9.jpg

This is a picture of an excellent bike. Yes, I am biased.
16_Dec_7.jpg

Mudpool crossings!
16_Dec_17.jpg

16_Dec_18.jpg

16_Dec_11.jpg

Relaxing in the shade.
16_Dec_23.jpg

16_Dec_24.jpg

More riding:
16_Dec_25.jpg

We made it!
16_Dec_27.jpg