My HP2 Mods - I think I'm done... (lots of pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berm_Rooster

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Got some nice ideas...no, I have stolen ideas from the forum, particularly BigDom. Thanks man! The HP2 farkle thread is clogged up with banter, so I thought I'd share in a new thread. Not all of these apply to the HP2, so  hopefully someone can copy some ideas to their particular model.

Following is what i have done so far. I think I have all I need at the moment. Yet... I have a dingdong between my legs, so I pro'lly be content for what...another week? ??? :BangHead:

My first mod, a seat screw that doesnt require that stupid key...

DSC04786.jpg

DSC04787.jpg

If you dont know what this is, dont worry, it's HP2 specific.

Next, a snorkel that works better than the OEM one. This mod can be applied to all the other 1200 based machines too. MX style foam filter catches lots of kak which should make life easier for the little BMC filter.

DSC04926.jpg

DSC04925.jpg

DSC04923.jpg

DSCr0012.jpg

On-board power-socket. Not all GPSes and cellphone chargers come with Hella plugs, so I added a normal DIN one.

DSC05277.jpg

DSC02504.jpg

Compressor (thanks BD :thumleft: ). Now I dont have to ride with that crappy feeling in my ass of "Shit, what if I get a puncture?".

DSC05265.jpg

DSC05267.jpg

DSC05270.jpg

DSC05272.jpg

DSC02505.jpg

DSC05276.jpg

Get yourself one of these form ChrisL.

No point in being able to pump a tyre if you cant fix it first. Tyrelevers installed inside the Hyde bashplate.

DSC02506.jpg

DSC02512.jpg

DSC02510.jpg

Recently shod with new dancing shoes! HPF says they work, so lets see!

DSC02500.jpg

They are Mitas E09. Get some from KTMJedi.

DSC02501.jpg

DSC02503.jpg

Note the SealSavers in this picture. A must have IMHO.

To solve this problem...

Stand.jpg

I had these made up...

DSC04977.jpg

DSC04978.jpg

Farkles that didnt last.
Goosetubes. They are nice, but interfere with my luggage. So they are off for now.

DSC05131.jpg

Underseat tank. It took away support form the numberplateholder and I ran the risk of ruining the subframe. So I'll get used to 200km range while I save for a HPN tank.

DSC05127.jpg

I really love this bike. It's simple, it does what it says on the box and at the moment, I wouldnt change it for anything!