1150 Breakfast Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krister

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Just testing the water here...  :peepwall:

I know I'm fairly new here, but I have picked up that there are quite a lot of active 1150 (GS/A) owners in Gauteng on the forum.  It has been suggested that we should get together and exchange some information and just have general fun.  Well, here's the idea:

We leave early on a Saturday (or Sunday) morning - let's say from the Sasol garage at the N14/Hendrik Potgieter crossing outside Krugersdorp (so that the Pretoria guys can also join in) and then go via Kromdraai past Sterkfontein to Hekpoort and back down to Wickers in Magaliesburg for breakfast.  Should be no more than a 3 hour round-trip - suitable for beginners (and those healing from injuries  ;) )...

A more extended trip with some good gravel could be through Hekpoort and then via Nooitgedacht over the mountain past Buffelspoort to Harties for breakfast and then back...  This should be around 5 hours - including "kuier" time...

Please indicate if you might be interested in such a morning run and feel free to suggest possible dates and alternative routes...  :thumleft:

Not to be exclusive here, but I can already picture a group of old panzers cruising together   :ricky: