1st XMAS with my GSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ysterman

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
I?m not doing the family thing for Xmas :oops: ? don?t really have any leave and just not in the mood to rush down to the Klein Karoo & back. And some other boring stories as well ? Really not in the mood for ?commercial silly season crap?, busy beaches & towns, etc :evil: .

This will also be my 1st Xmas with my GSA :D . And I?ve been wanting to do a trip with the bike :cry: , haven?t had time yet :x and there is a long weekend over Xmas :D . So I?ve been thinking:

- 23 Dec: leave J?burg Saturday morning for Himeville / Underberg & stay over for the night
- 24 Dec: take day trip into Lesotho & back, stay over for the night in Himeville / Underberg (is there enough time to get down Sani?)
- 25 Dec: leave for Ficksburg area and stay over, maybe Moolmanshoek (to check out the GSC spot ? foto?s looked really great)
- 26 Dec: leave for J?burg

The trip will be done very rustig, taking all the scenic dirt routes, stopping regularly, taking photos ? just enjoying the beautiful scenery around these areas. The recent trip reports all look stunning ? been scanning all the Lesotho ride reports, but not much available from Himeville / Underberg to Ficksburg.

No details yet, no bookings, no route map ? nothing, still need some gear & equipment. Just a plan.

Anybody perhaps keen? Any comments, advice?