• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2008 YZ 250 2 Stroke For Sale 27k SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakarboy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R850GS
Hi Guys,

I'm selling my 2008 YZ 250 2Stroke as I've got too many bicycles that are being ridden more so than the Motorbike, so it doesn't make sense to keep it! Bike is in Observatory, Cape Town. If you're interested, please message me via WD's or Whatsapp me on 082 333 0812 (preferably message rather than call as I can't always take calls.

The 2008 has the Ali frame with the greatly improved suspension over the 2007 model. There is power like you can not believe, but I've only ever ridden it on a couple Fun-duro's as well as playing about in the trails behind Zone 7, never raced on track or anything.

I bought the bike from JacoM on the forum last year July or so (memory failing me), and he redid the piston in it as a preventative measure (nothing wrong with engine).

Bike has:
FMF gold pipe (improves tractability in low-revs)
Long range tank (11 liters I think)
Hand guards
Wide footpegs
Folding brake peddal
Front tire good
Rear tire 70%
Chain & sprockets - still got plenty life left in them
I've got gearbox oil for the next change (due in 5 hours) & foam filter cleaner & spray
Engine has 47 +- hours on it since new piston installed

Bike starts first kick every time and has been nothing but phenomenal to ride (it will drag-race a 450KTM 0-100km, only tested that once!).

Honesty section:
It needs 2 bolts (handguard holder) and one on the exhaust support (I bought the bike with this missing, seems to be non-essential) which have fallen off, and I have not replaced them due to apathy/not knowing enough about bolts to actually ask a bolt-store what to get  :imaposer:

Price - 27K