5 classic thumpers do Lesotho

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gastank said:
It's good to see the old thumpers still being ridden. Any more pics of the bikes?

I will see if the other guys have any images of the other bikes.

woody1 said:
And did they use any oil these old ladies ?

They did need the occasional top up but i had packed 2 or 3 500mls.

Mechanically they were spot on and didn't give us much shit.

Hamilton said:
Very nice report. Hope to see you guys at the KZN Bash in August. :thumleft:

Cheers thanks. I will try get the guys together and will follow the Bash thread.

Nice report. Just goes to show riding the latest high tech bike is not a must or requirement but rather a luxury.

:thumleft:

Thanks for a nice report. Soos in die ou dae !!

ska_sa said:
We hit the N3 up to Richmond where we would fill up our tanks and stretch the legs.

For those of you with newer bigger cc bikes, freeway riding on a single 500cc gets tiresome and you are often pegging it at the almighty speed of 120km/h to 14k0km/h.

Another mistake on mine and a buddies XT were the standard tanks which proved to work but at times touch and go with making our next fuel stop.

Our ride to Richmond was fairly uneventful and we got the fairly quickly( as fast as the slowest donkey would go). Although we were in no hurry we wanted to reach our hopeful first night stop - Molumong.
We rode through Hella Hella instead of the standard N3 Underberg route as squirting it on the dirt is always more fun.

Hella Hella was really awesome and not that far outside of Durban, some decent fast dirt roads through the valley made the trip to Underberg exciting and fun. We took turns eating dust as we chased each other down on the twisty gravel route. Riding with my mates on quiet empty dirt roads - absolute bliss.

Good to see the old thumpers. The speed  you are talking about is a bit surprising though.

subie said:
ska_sa said:
We hit the N3 up to Richmond where we would fill up our tanks and stretch the legs.

For those of you with newer bigger cc bikes, freeway riding on a single 500cc gets tiresome and you are often pegging it at the almighty speed of 120km/h to 14k0km/h.

Another mistake on mine and a buddies XT were the standard tanks which proved to work but at times touch and go with making our next fuel stop.

Our ride to Richmond was fairly uneventful and we got the fairly quickly( as fast as the slowest donkey would go). Although we were in no hurry we wanted to reach our hopeful first night stop - Molumong.
We rode through Hella Hella instead of the standard N3 Underberg route as squirting it on the dirt is always more fun.

Hella Hella was really awesome and not that far outside of Durban, some decent fast dirt roads through the valley made the trip to Underberg exciting and fun. We took turns eating dust as we chased each other down on the twisty gravel route. Riding with my mates on quiet empty dirt roads - absolute bliss.

Good to see the old thumpers. The speed  you are talking about is a bit surprising though.

Too Fast? it might have been down wind and downhill

thanks for the positive feedback, will certainly do another RR from our next trip with more pics of the bikes. O0

Very nice RR, and great seeing the old thumpers get some exercise

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

subie said:
ska_sa said:

Yeah agree subie. My old 600 over 120 is not a happy chappie

Nice RR thanks for the ride guys.  :biggrin: :ricky:

Latest posts