6 Nights toward Koedoeskloof. Southern and Eastern cape. Maybe some Karoo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heimer

Gentleman Dog
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Myself and MoederYster will leave Cape Town on the 5th of October and travel to the Southern Cape, staying close to the coast

The plan is to travel east - make a slow leftward loop, swing back and be in Ladismith @ Koedoeskloof on the 11th and 12th of October for Veldbrand's Beer, Blues and Burger's event.

I  have never had the time or chance to ride my bike beyond George toward the Eastern Cape, strange as it may seem

I have started planning, but please help me with ideas on good camping and accomodation spots and routes along the southern cape - all the way to Angies G-spot and vicinity

Baviaans is not on the agenda this time

5th - Leave Durbanville and travel along the Overberg roads - over the Breede, past Duivenhoks and Jongesfontein and stay over @ Stilbaai
6th - Leave Stilbaai - do some dirt roads and passes toward george. Have a beer @ McNasty's in Groot Brak
7th - ditto dirt and passes
8th - ditto dirt and passes
9th - some more riding and maybe overnight at Angies G-spot
10th - take a lekker route and overnight in Willowmore
11th - Return from Willowmore on the lekker R407 toward Klaarstroom and then Meiringspoort  / De Rust- and then hug the Swartberg past the Calizdorp dam toward Ladismith.
12th - Party @ Koedoeskloof
13th - Return to Durbanville