790 Adv R - suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuRP

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
I've just now set my R to the 'standard' settings - which are same for Road and Offroad but for the rear spring preload settings.
Note, this is according to the settings-sticker under the seat on the airbox, the booklet tells a bit different story.

I had a look a week ago, and set all but the rear spring preload... because I to-tal-ly glossed over the allen screw and saw the two holes: dammit, I need a special tool!
But no worries, this surely it part of the toolset, so I opened that up.... nothing!  :mad:
So I had a tool made up for this, a small T-piece 10mm thick so I can drive it with the open 10-spanner and keep it with the toolset.
I just now got it and tried to use it.... only to find out it REALLY sits 'vas'!
Only then I saw the allen screw - and tried that!
Of course that worked, idjit-me!  :eek:

Anyway, the Offroad setting (1.5 turns according to the sticker, and yes, I know those are just a general guideline) ain't that different from the Road setting (4 turns).

Who is using what settings when and with which load, and pls keep in mind my bike is the R?

Attachments

• Tooltjie.jpeg
    Tooltjie.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 289
  • Preload adj.jpeg
    Preload adj.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 286