990 R rhs front axle clamp cracked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psteyn

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Hi Dawgs,
I picked up an hydraulic leak on my front calliper two outrides ago. After thinking it was the calliper I saw that it was coming from the bottom of the shock 's rubber plug. Thought it strange. Took it back where I had it serviced and upgraded to progressive, twice and now we found a crack on the inner race of the axle clamp. :mad:
RHS takes the bigger part of the axle and is thus machined out more and it seems to be so close to the inside where it is drilled out to take the chrome shock and where the compression adjustment is done. Those three areas are machines at such a tight tolerance to each other and has created a weakening in the axle clamp.
Martin has already have one in his shop with the same problem and so does Eddy.
If you have your axle out next time just feel with your finger, its very obvious, and not a straight across crack , it is radial crack due to the machining of where the chrome shaft rests on the inside.
I am no Andrew, :pot: but the bike has done what it was built for. 20k on the clock , so still relatively new.

Scary that this was not picked up earlier like at R & D.
Anyone seen this before>

Latest posts