A public service post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eendstop

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
I believe that sharing experiences with others (people and businesses) is a public service, helping others to make better informed decisions. Therefore, I feel it proper to share my experience with a person whose name I got off the BMW forum to do some work on a bike.
On Wednesday 26 July, I phoned Jeandre Koekemoer (JK Works) in Oakdale, Bellville to arrange for work on a final drive. We agreed the following, as I live in Langebaan:
1. Price for parts and labour and nature of work required
2. I will drop off the final drive at 10h30 on 2 August
3. He requires an hour to do the work for which I will wait and collect the item as arranged by 12h00
What played out:
1. I dropped off the item at 10h30 as agreed
2. I returned for collection at 12h25 – later than agreed.
3. He did not even start the work and said:
a. He is busy with a bike that had been due to a customer for over 2 weeks
b. He will finish that first and then start on my work
c. I must give him another 2 ½ hours and return to come see whether he had chance to do the work
I suggested that as we agreed I can pick up my work at 12h00 and especially because I live in Langebaan and would make a trip specifically for this, I arranged a specific date and times with him. I suggested he finishes the work and courier the item to me at his cost as he messed up and did not honour our arrangement.
He then got angry and fetched the final drive and handed it back to me, wasting my time, effort and costs.
I trust this will help others to avoid falling into the same trap I did.
I would not be offended should the mods not want this on the forum and remove it, but my view remains that it is simply intended to inform and prepare others better in making use of this business’ services.

Status
Not open for further replies.