advice needed 4 a friend before changing from 800Gs to 1150

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
Hi, need some advice, Good friend of mine got into biking this way, had a 525 for a while, had a bad crash, got tired of the game, and bought a 800GS, to be able to do offroad also, but not being irritated on the road, now, after couple of months he's not happy with the road handling and is thinking of changing to a 1150GS. He rode mine on and offroad and seems to be happy. My question is, should he not rather buy a 1200 secondhand?

I'm a devoted 1150 fan, decided what 2 buy, looked for a longwhile and bought the right bike, very happy, all you guy's theories about 1150's suites me just fine, but I'm scared to give him same advice. Standard 1150GS has got some minor issues, especially older bikes, I always compare it to driving an old Kombi, you're gonna sukkel, but if you want to drive one, you're gonna sukkel lekker at least. That's why my personality allows for 2xR80's as well.

I gave him advice up till this point but I'm unsure if he's the right bloke to drive a 1150GS, He can get a nice 1150 for around KR50, on other hand there's a couple of 1200's around for KR80? Would like some insight  ???

Latest posts