Advice on some stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volroom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Hi guys, I've been MIA for a while. Part time studies keeping me busy.

I'd like opinions, suggestions on the following

My 2003 ABS R1150GS needs one main plug suppressor, the part that connects electrically with the plug - it broke in half! (with one side still connected to the plug)-This new costs R1500. Supposedly this happens when water gets in there and the bikes stands - rusts. If you wash your GS, you should allegedly let the bike idle until all water has evaporated for this not to eventually happen. I can see the rust there with mine. 

I was thinking of by-passing the servo/ABS pump because it can cause problems, etc. Thing is if I do that ( meaning MotoRad Tech in Benoni), I might as well opt for braided SS hoses. Thing is that I know they can cost an arm and leg. I've been quoted for the normal plastic stuff around R2k, front and back. Has anyone by-passed the servo unit? Who has replaced the normal plastic hoses before?

Forks seals need doing

I've got a hefty quote for all this, is there alternative options? I've heard that second hand plug suppressors is not a good idea.

By the way, I've got an extra servo unit for older GS models if anyone is interested, PM me.
Chris

Latest posts