Africa Friendship Safari '10 - Angola

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Epic!!
You guys know how to have an adventure.

Now I just need a bike !!

Dankie vir fantastiese RR met gepaardgaande herinneringe en spesiale emosies! Laat my ver terugdink! Groetnis :thumleft: :thumleft:

To Leo, Basil, Antoinie, Herman and Glen, thanks for a fantastic trip. These are seasoned riders and the route, roads choosen to ride was amazing and I've brought back many good memories. Leo, Herman and Glen served in this area in the bush war many moons ago and the stories to come out were incredible. Hermans' knowledge and memory is in fact quite scary, he just doesn't forget anything, even the smallest village in the middle of nowhere he remembers!?? Thanks Leo for the trip report, well executed. Reading it made me want to be back there again, dirty beaches an' all. As usual, always too short and work commitments didn't help, but an experience I'll carry with me for a long time. Thanks for the great trip guys!!!

Interesting about the Ten's radiator. Some guys said it would be a problem if you drop the bike and was almost castrated :)
Any ideas how this could have been prevented?

Fellows, well done. I salute you for the GR8 report. One day believe me, one day i will also end up doing something so spectacular. Memories!!!!!  :thumleft:

Thanks for sharing guys. Great report of what must have been a great ride. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Top notch again my ou maat. To the rest of the "speelgroepie", thanks a stack. Looking at the damage on my bike this morning, the question was again if the trip was worthwhile. Yes, certainly. This was a "trip down memory lane" for me in person. 22 Years ago I visited Angola for the last time for free, no border limits, just me and my fighting vehicle armed either with a 90mm or 105 mm gun. 21 Years ago, I left South West Africa(now Namibie) as part of the last SADF forces to be deployed in SWA.I was highly surprized how positively this beatifull country has changed after their indipendence during 1989. As we progressed up north, plenty of memories came to the fore,some of them felt like incidents that took place yesterday.  

For our sponsors, only "brigado" Financially life was much eazier for all of us.

I will add some statistics to this report which is very interesting.

I conclude by asking all Dawgs, make time, "do now", tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Salute :thumleft:  

Excellent as always!  Thanks for sharing guys!  :thumleft:

Excellent Leo - thanx for taking the effort to write this RR!!!

Well done to the Tango group....

Salute :thumleft:

Excalibur said:
I conclude by asking all Dawgs, make time, "do now", tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Epic words from the man!!!

This looks amazing!!!  :thumleft: :thumleft: Haven't yet had the chance to read through it all, but looks like you guys had an awesome trip!!

To Leo and "the band of brothers":  thanks for a great read and beautiful pictures!  Well done on starting it and even more so for finishing it.  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: