AMAGEZA - Gauteng

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
excellent action shots guys - and well done to all the brave riders! ;) especially malibu(barbie) LOL@misty

See how the men bow down when the "Riding Goddesses" come past  :ricky:

Attachments

• Goddesses.JPG
    Goddesses.JPG
    144.4 KB
Dodo said:

Excellent timing !!! You never gonna live this down DarkHorse (Ken)  :mwink:

Malibu said:
@ Misty... a big Hahahahahaaaaa too!  Now Mark is suggesting that be our team name... you've started something! 

:biggrin:  :biggrin: It just came to me as I was typing the heading and I thought it was rather fitting - Malibu (Riding Barbie) & Ken (hehe) - agree with Mark it has a nice ring to it for your team name  :mwink: :ricky: - and I wont even charge you!  :D  ;)

Nah... you dont have to worry about that,, we all know a 640 is not a plastic! But you might have to start dying your hair blonde ;D  ;)  :)

I see Darkhorse is reading the thread...you care to comment.  >:D

Dodo said:

hehehehehe - I'm sure that was not me......bowing down.......But she was riding very well...

Malibu said:
Dodo said:
See how the men bow down when the "Riding Goddesses" come past  :ricky:

Bwaahahahahhahaaaaa!  Idjit!  

@ Misty... a big Hahahahahaaaaa too!  Now Mark is suggesting that be our team name... you've started something! 

Hey do I have a say in the matter of a team name???????

Firstly thanx for the opportunity to follow you guys - and girls - in the gyro. Secondly thanx to the guys who trusted total strangers with their softness's. Maybe they just have good life insurance on them. ;)

Saturday was not a good day for flying. The heat and the downdrafts in the hills were pushing us to the limits. The girls in the back had to pull out all the stops, while hanging on with their bums, to try and take pictures.  :bounce:

Flying in the mountains in the heat we had on Saturday was challenging. The only way to be safe is to either have speed or height, neither good for taking pictures. Low and slow will end in tears. It's like trying to ride a bike onto a steep uphill in sixth gear, doing 20 km/h. With the bike you will eventually stall and fall over. With the gyro you will stall and  :eek:.

Therefore, unfortunately we had to sweep down to build speed in order to get out safely on the other side. The gyro is now shaking from the turbulance, and Puddles is trying to take a picture or two hanging out at 140 km/h, trying not to let the lens or camera go through the prop in the back, while holding on to her sunglasses and cap.  Therefore, whatever pictures came out, is a work of art.

I truly take my hat off to the two girls who jumped in the back of strange flying machines, and acted the way they did. No way to express my impression in other words than to say: These girls have balls of steel. :salut:

We followed the riders through ADA, the farm and the river crossing, and then opted to wait for them at Brits airfield - where they had to pass, before going through the western canals. Unfortunately Old no7 had a bit of misfortune in the morning on route to ADA. He was our link with Mark and the route. With us, losing him, there was some miscommunication and we missed the guys on the western side of the route. I am a bit disappointed, cause the area is flat, and we would have been flying closer to the speeds of the bikes. Pretty sure we would have gotten some very decent pics there.

All in all I had a great day. The area around the ADA facility is stunning, and even aerial pictures will not do it justice. :thumbsup:
Will love to go there one day with my GS, if given the opportunity.  :wink: 

Hi Low Level

A huge thank you to you guys for flying, the girls did get some good shots in those trying conditions.  :thumleft: .

How is Old No7, is he sorted out or still grounded.

Low level said:
Firstly thanx for the opportunity to follow you guys - and girls - in the gyro. Secondly thanx to the guys who trusted total strangers with their softness's. Maybe they just have good life insurance on them. ;)

Saturday was not a good day for flying. The heat and the downdrafts in the hills were pushing us to the limits. The girls in the back had to pull out all the stops, while hanging on with their bums, to try and take pictures.  :bounce:

Flying in the mountains in the heat we had on Saturday was challenging. The only way to be safe is to either have speed or height, neither good for taking pictures. Low and slow will end in tears. It's like trying to ride a bike onto a steep uphill in sixth gear, doing 20 km/h. With the bike you will eventually stall and fall over. With the gyro you will stall and  :eek:.

Therefore, unfortunately we had to sweep down to build speed in order to get out safely on the other side. The gyro is now shaking from the turbulance, and Puddles is trying to take a picture or two hanging out at 140 km/h, trying not to let the lens or camera go through the prop in the back, while holding on to her sunglasses and cap.  Therefore, whatever pictures came out, is a work of art.

I truly take my hat off to the two girls who jumped in the back of strange flying machines, and acted the way they did. No way to express my impression in other words than to say: These girls have balls of steel. :salut:

We followed the riders through ADA, the farm and the river crossing, and then opted to wait for them at Brits airfield - where they had to pass, before going through the western canals. Unfortunately Old no7 had a bit of misfortune in the morning on route to ADA. He was our link with Mark and the route. With us, losing him, there was some miscommunication and we missed the guys on the western side of the route. I am a bit disappointed, cause the area is flat, and we would have been flying closer to the speeds of the bikes. Pretty sure we would have gotten some very decent pics there.

All in all I had a great day. The area around the ADA facility is stunning, and even aerial pictures will not do it justice. :thumbsup:
Will love to go there one day with my GS, if given the opportunity.  :wink: 

Hey - welcome Low Level !!!

Thanx for keeping us "up there" & bringing us back down safely under those challenging circumstances.  You did a great job flying that gyro  :thumleft:  I TOTALLY enjoyed myself.  It was a pity we missed the 2nd half of the ride along the canals ... I agree, I think we could have got some awesome pics being able to fly alongside the guys & gal  ;)

At least I managed to get some pics that give a general view from up above ... not the best but ... LOTS of room for improvement ...  :3some:

Yes, the ADA farm is stunning & has such great riding terrein.  I'm sure Mark and Hoofseun can make some arrangement for you to go riding there sometime.

That looks like one really well organised event - well done everybody! Organisers, participants, helpers, pilots, photographers, supporters and the rest.
I'm envious. Must be there next year.  :biggrin:

From the photos the conditions looked like they favoured dirt bikes above the DS bikes - very rocky and rutty. Very different to the sandy CT run. A lot tougher for the heavier bikes. MM's GS80 is an icon of DS. :thumleft:

Low level's description of the flying conditions sounded like a wild challenge up in the air.  ;D

Well done to the Godesses :ricky:

Where's EATMYKTM?

Dark Horse said:
Malibu said:
Dodo said:

Bwaahahahahhahaaaaa!  Idjit! 

Hey do I have a say in the matter of a team name???????

YES you do!  And don't let THEM bully you!

Low Level, I think you guys were amazing!  Thanks for the fantastic pics we did get, they really do give a great idea of the terrain we were riding...

WR, thanks!  :)

Been playing with a few of the pics I took, so some might be a re-post......

Attachments

• _IGP0369_BW.jpg
    _IGP0369_BW.jpg
    143.5 KB
  • _IGP0407.jpg
    _IGP0407.jpg
    158.2 KB
  • _IGP0425_BW.jpg
    _IGP0425_BW.jpg
    116.8 KB
  • _IGP0494_BW.jpg
    _IGP0494_BW.jpg