Anniversary Run - Cedarberg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Python

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
So Falcon used our holiday points to get us in to Piekeneirskloof. to celebrate our 19th Anniversary
She said it was in the Cedarberg and I thought bikes.
So when Toni responded to my post asking to borrow a bike trailer, it all started to come together.
Thanks Toni for making it happen  ;D
Packedandready.jpg

The idea was to take the bikes with and then see if we could make something happen. Low stress.
We unloaded the bikes and did a few test rides nothing much to report on.
This is the view from the bed
Fromthebed.jpg

Then we decided to follow the road that goes up the mountain out of Citrusdal to see where it went.
We found some really interesting riding. Up over a pass.
Water break to dedust the throats
Waterbreak.jpg

Waterbreak1.jpg

waterbreak2.jpg

Then on and out of the valley where the road turned to tar.
Tried to get coffee at the Kunje b&b but that was stretching the imagination a bit.
We turned round and retraced our steps with a photo and water break at the top of the pass
Topofthepass1.jpg

Where we came from...
Topofthepass.jpg

Where we were headed to..
Topofthepass2.jpg

Then it was back up the PiekeneersKloof pas for a coffee before hooking up with the kids back at the lodge
At the Coffee place i spotted this rare species "the greater dusted Falcon"
DirtyJo.jpg

This was the coffee spot hey Go Girl wasn't it you who liked the cosmos - for you then
CoffeeStop.jpg

Good to see you are posting away again N. Hope you are back on your feet again soon!  :thumleft:

Lekker, great way to spend an anniversary :thumleft:

Falcon said:
Thanks for the most awesome time of my life the last 19 years  :biggrin:
Thanks for my bike too!!
Ahhhh that's really sweet , nice to see all that looove after all those years ,  :thumleft:

fat b said:
Falcon said:
Thanks for my bike too!!
Ahhhh that's really sweet , nice to see all that looove after all those years ,  :thumleft:

Actually she's warming me up to get a Leo Vince for her DR650 - but the warming process is quite fun  >:D

Mr. Python said:
fat b said:
Falcon said:
Thanks for my bike too!!

Actually she's warming me up to get a Leo Vince for her DR650 - but the warming process is quite fun  >:D
Take your time take your time.....

wiledog_X said:
nice one guys! here's to the next 19 years!  :thumleft:
Thanks!
And it all started when we eloped ;)
My parents were not so keen way back then, but they are singing a different tune now!
We're best friends and it's such a great thing to get out there and ride together  :biggrin:

Nice One N and Falcon.
Ask N to take a trip down to our valley when he feels better.  :thumleft:

Falcon said:
Thanks for my bike too!!

Falcon that is just so cool for your hubby ....there is so much more in those words.... ;)

Python thanks for the Cosmos  that is unusual to get them there.. ::)  much appreciated.... :thumleft:

I was going to ask what magic you used to get back on your feet so soon..... :eek:

What a super way to celebrate .......... :thumleft: 

Good to see you keeping your tabs on us all....... >:D >:D

GO GIRL said:
Python thanks for the Cosmos  that is unusual to get them there.. ::)  much appreciated.... :thumleft:

I was going to ask what magic you used to get back on your feet so soon..... :eek:
Unfortunately this ride was before the off. But now I have plenty time to mine the forum.
That garage thread is awesome.
As soon as this leg of mine is a little more pleasant to be arround i'll be heading caveward

Jis Mr. Python
lekker om te sien hoe 2 mense saam die natuur so kan geniet, kan net nie glo van al die kere wat ek in die Clanwilliam omgewing kom is dit net vir werk terwyl die res daar is vir plesier.

Mr. Python said:
GO GIRL said:

These were the 2 other pics of the blomme. Also thought it strange to see them here.
Cosmos2.jpg

Cosmos1.jpg

Aw Gee thats GRT I havent had flowers from a guy in ages.....TKS but Shhhhh dont tell Falcon, its a secret.... :ricky: :ricky: