Any advice about trial/road behind Houwhoek Inn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hondsekierie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
Saw this amazing litle road going up high into the mountains behind Houwhoek Inn whilst travelling towards Grabouw the other day. 

What amazed me most is how high it went up the mountain - being convinced that it could have been an old ox wagon route I went to Houwhoek Inn but could not find any road linking up towards it.

Logic(or maybe not) told me if it was some sort of ox wagon route it would obviously go in the general direction of Botrivier - no luck, couldnt find any road coming from the mountains from Botrivier's side.

Back at Houwhoek Inn I asked the desk staff about the road and if one could go up there with a bike - and if so, where does one start.  They told me that they have seen bikes going up there but weren't sure  whether it was allowed.  They did however tell me to follow the N2 for about 500m towards Botrivier from the Inn's entrance, turn left and cross the railway line - you can ask for more info there....

Just accross the railway line I found that the little stone bridge was completely washed away - being in my bakkie, everything ended there.

Went into Google Earth today for the first time - absolutely AMAZING mountain road - almost making a loop back to Houwhoek Inn.

Does anybody know whether this falls within pvt property, nature conservation, been done by somebody else????

I would just love to go up that high into a mountain, so please let me know