ATGATT for kids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HVDM

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
My kids https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=36435.msg889431#msg889431

have expressed an interest now in riding pillion on my bike. Obviously I need a helmet. Generally I would not consider a second hand helmet dut to how it takes the shape of your head and their lifespan. And you never know if it has had a knock.

But since I will only be taking them like around the block, low speed, short trips, no off road for now, would a 2nd hand helmet be OK until they are confortable and decide whether they like biking or not? Especially since they must share it. My daugher is older but my son has a bigger head so they need the same size. 57 would be OK.

I assume a second jacket that would more or less fit both?  Are boots necessary for them to pillion? Can you get kid boots?

A harness to tie them to me? I think my daughter would be too big for that.

Obviously I want them as safe as possible but what is too much, to the extent they dont enjoy it anf figure biking is kark?

I see so many kids as pillion in platjies, T-shirts, shorts etc. Obviously that is too little.

And then, does anyone have 2nd hand kid ATGATT they want to sell?