Auto cycles PE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemodakar

Race Dog
Reaction score
Tuesday morning I took Klippies XR125 in to Honda PE for it's 3000km service.

Normal service.
Dead battery.
Both front shocks leaking.
Dash light blown.
Front breaks makes a funny sound ( could be little rust as the bike was as Saint Francis for the holidays)

Up front the mechanic says," sorry but I don't think bulbs are items that fall under the warranty."
No problem just sort it out as I reckon its fair wear and tear as with the breaks, I just don't want my son on a bike that is not road worthy.

The service from the girl at reception was not half bad, and the mechanic came across as if he knew what he was talking about. Both of them apologized for not knowing the bike as they were appointed after it had it's last service.

Wednesday the mechanic gives me a call, " Your bike's done sir, but I'm sorry to say the shocks will not be covered as the bike has a 3 month warranty and as this bike is 6 months old you'll have to pay if you want us to fix it."

When I bought the bike I was told that it has a 1 year warranty on everything but wear able items like brake pads etc. as long as it's not due to riders abuse.

Well one thing lead to another, I spoke to the workshop manager who , right there and then, spoke to BRENTON who happened to be with him at the moment. I heard him explaining the problem while I was holding.

The verdict?

"If that's what the man was promised, then do it."

No shit, just do it. I need to say that the salesman who sold me the bike does not even work there anymore. My word was simply taken as the truth, no questions asked.

Now you might ask, what the hell is this guy going on about. I just thought that over the last couple of months quite a few people from PE has been bitching about the service we get from the bike shops in town. Very few, if anybody at all pays these guys complements where due.

Therefore: Brenton to you and your team at Auto cycles,  :thumleft: :thumleft: from a happy customer.