Baviaans ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we had originally planned to camp in our tents in the mountains on the northern face of the Baviaans on a friends farm, but on arrival he insisted we sleep in an old farm house on the farm, fitted with one of those old coal stoves. The sleep in the tent in the mountains would have been adventurous, but I must be honest, I slept sooo well in that old farm bed  :thumleft:

being a townie....I was a bit confused when I saw this goat....maybe his ancestor had got friendly with a Maltese poodle.... :lol8:

I also saw this unusual tree on the farm...I have no idea what type of tree it is

Attachments

• PHOT0283.JPG
    PHOT0283.JPG
    189.7 KB
  • PHOT0295.JPG
    PHOT0295.JPG
    185.1 KB
  • PHOT0302.JPG
    PHOT0302.JPG
    233.7 KB
  • PHOT0293.JPG
    PHOT0293.JPG
    222.3 KB
  • PHOT0294.JPG
    PHOT0294.JPG
    240.3 KB
Great rr Texc. Beutiful pucs :thumleft:
That be an angora goat. Famed for its mohair....

Lekka RR and some great pics, thanks for sharing  :thumleft:

the next day we headed back on the dirt road from Steytlerville towards Uitenhage, passing on the northern side of Cockscomb, where we eventually had to climb onto the black stuff just before entering Uitenhage. The dirt road was in a good condition, but we had to ride slowly due to the amount of small buck that would suddenly jump out of the thicket on the side of the road as we approached. There were a few times when I had to perform emergency breaking to avoid a collision with one of the many buck that jumped out in front of us.

sadly the trip was over way too quickly and the unpacking and washing and cleaning started.

I have already started planning the next ride and cannot wait to start the ride, but with Christmas and all the family coming to stay over in PE, this ride will have to wait for a while  :blob10:

Attachments

• PHOT0303.JPG
    PHOT0303.JPG
    217.3 KB
  • PHOT0308.JPG
    PHOT0308.JPG
    167.9 KB
  • PHOT0309.JPG
    PHOT0309.JPG
    178.9 KB
elandsrider said:
Great rr Texc. Beutiful pucs :thumleft:
That be an angora goat. Famed for its mohair....

:thumleft: :biggrin:

TEXC said:
you don't realise how big a buffalo actually is...until you see one standing a meter or two away from you....with no fence between you....and the bike is switched off....and I thought that maybe I should start the bike again before I take the pic... :lol8:

Kwaai foto...

Awesome ride and great photos! One of my trips that I have to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TEXC said:
we then proceeded towards Doodsklip where we were camping the first night, stopping at the top of Holgat Pass for a few more pics . You can just see the white sand of Doodsklip in the middle of the pic
LEkker RR. MOoi riding area as well

TEXC said:
it was then time to pack up camp and we headed for Smitskraal....just to take a ride thru the water....and then we headed back East and out of the reserve

despite there being signs all over that you need to take your rubbish out of the reserve with you on departure, the campsite next to ours was littered with rubbish and plastic packets ....and this campsite had been occupied by two 4x4's with off road caravans...so they had plenty of space for their rubbish

Ek is die drol in jou drinkwater

Nice RR :thumleft:
Hats off to the couple in the Triton climbing Grootrivierpoort up. Must have been lots of wheelspin for sure.

Nice julle, dankie vir die deel👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS said:
Nice RR :thumleft:
Hats off to the couple in the Triton climbing Grootrivierpoort up. Must have been lots of wheelspin for sure.

ja...n baie groot hats off aan hulle.....hulle het nog langs ons gestop en chat....ek sal nooit op so n opdrande stop .....veral met n trailer agter my

Lekker RR.

Also went through Baviaans on Saturday. Must have been behind you guys though.

Will still get to our RR.

Thanks for sharing yours!

Thanks for a great RR. I really enjoyed that ride....Grootrivier Poort was great fun. Those new Mitas tyres on the XT were a good investment! Looking forward to the next trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk