BEWARE Supplied Manufacturer Spanners!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markdiver

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Typically I would not complain about something like this, but when you pay well over R100k for your pride and joy, you expect that your tools supplied with the bike, would at least give you some service.  My bke came to a sudden halt while out on the road. ???  It seems that after a service the front brakes were not bled properly, so in turn they decided to bind up on me, almost causing a fall.  It was easy enough to find the problem and how to solve it, after a quick call to the service department.  Simply loosen the No 8 nut on the brake caliper to allow it to vent if there is any air in the line.  I did this on the right side caliper first, and there was a release of air.  Re-tightened it (just a nip), and could see that the breaks had released, problem solved.  :thumleft:  However as a precaution, I attempted to do the same on the left side of the wheel.  ::)  The spanner broke before it even came loose  ???  :'(  This was the first time that I had used the supplied spanner. 
So - BEWARE THE SPANNERS YOU ARE SUPPLIED WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Used once!!!.JPG
    Used once!!!.JPG
    312.5 KB · Views: 651