Big up to Garmin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stofstreep

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Let me quickly tell you the gitz of the tale.

I bought a Garmin Quest in March 2006, works fine and enoy it very much. ;D
In October 2006 the unit suddenly stopped functioning. Everyting appears normal but it does not receive any satellite signals. After trying firmware updates etc. I sent it in for repairs under garrantee. The unit was subsequintly replaced and everyting was great again.

Up untill about a month ago when the same problem occured. Now, I'm not a emotional person, but I was quite dissapointed ::)
After a long straggle with the Co-op trying to get the unit shipped :mad: to Avnic, it finally landed and today was told that they will replace the unit for me again. :hello2: :headbang:

I was under the impression that the original unit's garrantee stand firm even when it is replaced with a new unit. The original garrantee was 12 months, so for them to replace it a year and a half later is much appreciated. It gives me so much confidence in a company like Garmin that I will surely keep supporting them.  :thumright: :wav: