Bikes, Girls and "4x4's" - Jobedi, Limpopo - Take 2...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryhcs

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Saturday morning 8:00 and we leave Krugersdorp once again to get to Jobedi Nature Reserve, 450km mostly off road. Last time we did not make it... https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=57549.0

This time its me, Albert (ScubaAL), my brother George (Huggels), my wife Almarie and Albert's soon to be wife, Nicole. The 2 girls are in a Daihatsu Terios rental as support, both physical and morally, and to bring cold beer... only kidding about the beer!

Our first off road is over Breedsnek. With some guidance, my wife cruises over the rocks and through the holes, making her man very very proud, and keen to sleep in the tent... :)

lJniK.jpg

Ts4xS.jpg

nesiu.jpg

We stop at the little shop at the bottom of the road and buy two Zamalek courts for later. They get through in the Terios and off we go.

Passing Marikana we hit a long strait gravel road. I hit my fastest speed off road recorded yet (130km/h), and my poeppol goes “ssh ssh”. I am no speed daemon!! George hits his fastest as well, I wont say how fast!! We get to the tar road we have to cross and wait for the girls to come. A few minutes later they arrive and we head on. The surrounding area is so stunning, we drop our speed and admire the beauty. I think to my self that we are so blessed to be able to do these things and I try to consume it all. It ain't possible!

kREft.jpg

mZzwL.jpg

vGW1A.jpg

QH494.jpg

sQPwS.jpg

A few minutes later we stop over the Elands River and take some photos. Its such a beautiful place! Goerge and Albert wants to drink the Zamaleks now. I say lets go on further then stop for lunch and drink our cold Black Lables! So we go

wVYgQ.jpg

Bt3iP.jpg

STVKr.jpg

Im behind Albert and the next moment a Rooibok runs in front of him, giving us both a little heart beat. It escapes through the fence and runs off.

We pass Leboaneng and enter the Limpopo province. At the tar road we deiced we must stop for lunch soon. While taking of my helmet and my spectacles I let my spectacles fall without noticing and drive over them. 2 km’s down the road I realize om not seeing so 10/4 and turn around quickly! There they lay, still intact, but bent like a wet noodle. I bend them “better” and gun it to catch up with the rest.

We turned left towards Thabazimbi on a gravel road, running along the Krokodil Rivier and through the local farms. After a few k’s we stopped for lunch and drank one cold Zamalek! Oh it was nice!

iNoGT.jpg

l4cSv.jpg

JSrJF.jpg

WdqEF.jpg

tc1zD.jpg

On our way again we past two farm workers who wanted to stone each other, we think the one was fooling around with the others wife...or something. We stop at Koedoeskop we decide to fill up our tanks again and then head of. We actually headed of in the wrong direction, not on route. But we were going to slow with the girls in the little Terios.

hoGjN.jpg

We went through Rooiberg then onto a gravel road that was boomed of, but we had no problems. At the end of the boomed area we stopped in the blazing heat to discuss our route further. We decided to turn left to the Thanbazimbi tar road so we can get there sooner as we were already way of time.

bncRi.jpg

From Thabazimbi we drove strait to Vaalwater passing allot of game! That area is looking so nice at the moment, its green and there water every where. We arrived at Jobedi at about 17:30 and George walked strait to the bar to see the WP loose...

XyJmE.jpg

YzM5u.jpg

Meanwhile the others set up camp and then we went to the bar to have a few cold beers. The girls makes us a super salad and braai broodjies and I braai us a lekker chicken and ribs for starters. After enough wine we retire to our tents with the sounds of Fiery-Necked Nighjars as bed time stories.

rQNjS.jpg

Urflu.jpg

VFp2D.jpg

paKYc.jpg

hmFRp.jpg

XaAZl.jpg

Next Morning George cooks us some of the best baken and scrambled eggs of all time! We pack our stuff and head of to the Bakkers Pass.

bbSBE.jpg

dXOIs.jpg

VE4G1.jpg

9GTdQ.jpg

This must be one of the nicest routes riding through the Waterberge! And there is so much game there. We saw elephant, kudus, eland, roan antelope, sabel antelope, springbokke, black impala  and duiker.

CXaiP.jpg

TDXRF.jpg

uIPtk.jpg

o9P1x.jpg

UXTWN.jpg

UwKp6.jpg

J6u44.jpg

pOkws.jpg

This road is one of those where I cant consume it all. Its to much and to nice!

5duCD.jpg

BUTu4.jpg

umTuc.jpg

k1B2r.jpg

Out of the pass we stopped at Marakele and took a photo with some game rangers. I always wanted to be one.Still do!

JSj2U.jpg

hiBVS.jpg

We had lunch in Thabazimbi Wimpy and then headed home.

After the weekend I had learnt allot again and gained some new experience. IMO:

1. Dont drive this far with your wife in a bakkie (not a bakkie) following you, its to slow going and it takes allot of time, rather plan a shorter trip.
  2. Have your maps sorted out. My map did not have all the roads on it, so that did not help!
  3. Im still trying to figure out the best way to organize my luggage bag...

Very nice!!
Lekker trippie, cool pics  :thumleft:

Nice!  :thumleft:  It looks like it was a nice outing.

Nice  :thumleft: Mooi gedoen. BTW, wie gooi daai pragtige wheelie aan die einde?  ???  ;D

ScubaAL said:
Nice  :thumleft: Mooi gedoen. BTW, wie gooi daai pragtige wheelie aan die einde?  ???  ;D

haha, albert...

"Alla"mapstieks, but this was a nice trip through some lekker scenery. KPG, you are doing that KLR justice!  Every time I see a blue one in the West Rand I wonder if it be you...  :biggrin:

roxenz said:
"Alla"mapstieks, but this was a nice trip through some lekker scenery. KPG, you are doing that KLR justice!  Every time I see a blue one in the West Rand I wonder if it be you...  :biggrin:

hahaha, thanks! Look for my wild dog stickers and then give me a triple hoot and Ill pop a wheely, then you know its me...  >:D

KwaiPappaGaai said:
roxenz said:

hahaha, thanks! Look for my wild dog stickers and then give me a triple hoot and Ill pop a wheely, then you know its me...  >:D

:thumleft:

Nice one KPap !
I have also been to Jobedi, nice to know they still allow bikes on the gamefarm !

Raka said:
Nice one KPap !
I have also been to Jobedi, nice to know they still allow bikes on the gamefarm !

:thumleft: