Bikes, Girls and "4x4's" - Jobedi, Limpopo - Take 2...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
myni said:
Good RR
Do you have a map of where you rode?

Sure thing, send me your email address and Ill send it to you.

Lekker trip wat julle gedoen het.  By Bakkerspas het ek 'n foto op presies dieselfde plek waar julle gestaan het.  Het al 'n paar keer daar gery en die uitsig is asemrowend.  Wil nie die thread hi-jack nie, maar plaas my foto net sommer.  Goed gedoen. :ricky:

Attachments

• Copy of 057.jpg
    Copy of 057.jpg
    102.3 KB
  • Copy of 059.jpg
    Copy of 059.jpg
    116.3 KB
Duster said:
Lekker trip wat julle gedoen het.  By Bakkerspas het ek 'n foto op presies dieselfde plek waar julle gestaan het.  Het al 'n paar keer daar gery en die uitsig is asemrowend.  Wil nie die thread hi-jack nie, maar plaas my foto net sommer.  Goed gedoen. :ricky:

hehe, ek sien dit is presies op die selle plek! baie mooi plek daai!

Myself and some mates thought that this is a great route for a quick weekend breakaway early next year.  As such I popped Jobedi Nature Reserve an email enquiry.  I got a telephone call and email back saying how impressed they were with the "Pappagaai's" ride report and that they will have no problem hosting us.

It is a good idea to provide these places feedback after visiting them.  It makes them more bike-friendly and busts the myth that all bikers are hooligans  ::) ... OK, sometimes we do "hak uit" so bietjie!  But generally the DS bikers are rather rustig (maybe because we are all stuffed after a hard day in the saddle  ???).

Here's the email:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yes the Waterberg area is exceptionally challenging and scenic place to do weekend trips. I live in Thabazimbi and have done a few trips in the Waterberg area and even on the western side of Thabazimbi to the Botswana border riding next to the Crocodile and Limpopo rivers. If you like I can organise accommodation in the area at a cheep bush camp on a friends farm. We can do trips from there on the "interesting" roads around. We can do a 300 to 400km dirtroad trip the Saturday and a shorter one the Sunday morning.

Thanks for the RR, very nice roads, I would like to do it as well. Since everyone is asking you for the route, if possable, can you send it to me as well. Thanks

DE said:
Yes the Waterberg area is exceptionally challenging and scenic place to do weekend trips. I live in Thabazimbi and have done a few trips in the Waterberg area and even on the western side of Thabazimbi to the Botswana border riding next to the Crocodile and Limpopo rivers. If you like I can organise accommodation in the area at a cheep bush camp on a friends farm. We can do trips from there on the "interesting" roads around. We can do a 300 to 400km dirtroad trip the Saturday and a shorter one the Sunday morning.

Hi DE, dit klink baie lekker om daar naby julle te kom oorbly en 'n paar draaie te ry.  Ek self het nog net die ooste kant van Thaba gery en sal graag die weste kant ook wil ry.  Ek sal jou vroeg in 2011 PM en so 'n naweek reël met 'n paar DS pelle hier van Naboom af.  Voorspoedige 2011.

hi guys! sory, I have been banned for the last couple of weeks...inappropriate content.. sorry to those offended :)

I will send you guys the route tonight or tomorrow morning!

shaap shintzo!

ekt saam jou geswat, ek dink ons het ONBP of EKNP saam gehad, Moet bietjie n plan maak dan ry ons saam een of ander tyd.