BLACK HEADS RIVER TAKES FRIEND

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLES

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
On Sunday 1st of May Buddha, Dick,Pa Gerald and I decided to take a ride out to Kirkwood for an early breakfast . What a great sunny day to be out in the open with great buddies and their bikes.

We travelled on the R75 to the Blue cliff turn off a great piece gravel road that takes one to the Tar road into Kirkwood

IMG_0005.jpg

At the T junction with the R336 we turned left onto the road to Kirkwood. We then turned right onto Waverley Drive

IMG_0010.jpg

The plan was to travel along Waverley Drive through a small stream and ride onto Enon and ride the great dirt roads in the Kirkwood Sunland area and then stop at the Zoo Berg Inn for breaskfast.

Well Dogz those where the gedagtes but we where in for a surprize the Sundays River was had other plans.

As we approached the usaually small strearm we where faced with a strongly flowing river approximatly 100 meters wide, I entered the river gingerly and quickly relized I was in trouble

Buddha rode straight past me shouting     moenie worry nie uncle I will show u how its done.
Needless to say he did show me how it is done by drowning his beloved BM

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Dick and Pa Gerald shouting instructions from the side line

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

After the GS was out of the water we set about trying to get the plugs removed      guess what no spark plug tube to be found ( geen vonk prop ding nie) made a call or two and assistance was one the way.

Buddha then decided he would show us how and where we should have ridden to make the crossing safe and started off into the swelling river  Diet coke in hand

IMG_0022.jpg

The next moment our friend our buddy our china Buhdda the other part of Fatties and Monies disappeared into was could only described as a trip into hell a watery hell  

IMG_0024.jpg

our friend was gone        after sometime maybe 10minutes Buhdda emerged from the depths of hell and quickly breast stroked himself to safety

It was very evident by the state that Buhdda was in he needed BEK TOT BEK (mouth to mouth)we quickly connect a pump up to my GS and forced the pipe into his .... to blow the water out of him.

One seems to laugh at things that happen to other people      Well Dogz this was no different

Reminds me of the time Supervan overtook me going down a very rocky hill as he past me all hell broke loose like the goose Supervan hit a rock and set sail over the handle bars of his KTM Van landed face first open face helmets those days    A part of his jaw bone actually broke off his bone and become lodge in the area  below that same bone      even today we still laugh about his bone    not spike     truely a legend on tar or dirt the greatest SA has seen

s1quattro1988westbankrallysout%5B1%5D.jpg

news_story_image_53a78f3af6f46d8bef8b38756c9cc494%5B1%5D.jpg

After a short while Riaan arrived and was assisted by Buddha in stripping all the covers off the GS TO FIND THE AIR CLEANER

Buddha has now taken a piece of creepy crawly pipe joined to the air filter and strapped it to his wind screen

Dogz we never made it for breakfast but we were in time for lunch at the best pie shop in the Eastern Cape

:biggrin:

Lyk my julle Ronde Mannejties speel gevaarlik innie water

That crossing is at the bottom of my brother in laws farm and caught a woman in a bakkie ,she was so scared she froze and could not take her hands off the steering wheel.A tractor towed her out and only then did she relax and realeased her grip.The water was by her shoulders while she waited for a rescue.She was in there approx 2 hours .

nice swimming style your riding partner has but it is a bit far up Sundays river,the river mile starts further down by Cannonville. >:D

"Buddha has now taken a piece of creepy crawly pipe joined to the air filter
and strapped it to his wind screen"

Ahh, I am considering the same conversion (Nemodakar's pooratech solution) after I suffered a similar ordeal.
However......
Who will be brave enough to put it to the test???

COLES, julle issi lekker nie, maar het 'n moerse sin vir humor!  Lag elke keer te lekker, en dan dink ek, ek sal myself bedinges as ek samet julle lot moet ry...    :thumleft:

I was lucky enough to have a couple of kids test it for me yesterday.  :biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC08022.jpg
    DSC08022.jpg
    142.7 KB
COLES said:
Buddha has now taken a piece of creepy crawly pipe joined to the air filter and strapped it to his wind screen

No amount of snorkeling is going to get a bike through that water!

Nice RR, and good laugh on a misty Monday morning!  :thumleft:

Latest posts