BMW 800GS? OR NOT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teachers pet

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I  have an offer that I cant refuse on my beloved DAKAR.I am looking to upgrade and was looking at the 800gs and 1200gs.I know that all bikes are prone to their own problems like the Doohickey on the klr and waterpump seals on the 650 gs/Dakar etc etc.BUT after checking out the technical section regarding the 800gs,OMG -Without trying to bad talk 800gs owners,these beautiful bikes DO seem to have more than a handful of issues especially waterpump/oilpumps.
I would like to have discussed this under the Technical section,but this section is not frequently visited and I was hoping to get a response on this section of the forum.I would also prefer dogs that would like to respond to PM me as not cause any trouble on the Forum.I would only like guidance as I really would like to upgrade but am very sceptical after reading technical reviews.The moderators are welcome to move this topic to the technical section but I do think I will get a better response here.
Regards