Brake disk run out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geopat

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Hey guys I bought a 2018 ktm 500 a while ago and due to life getting in the way I'm only getting to ride it now. I have noticed a shudder while riding at low speed and it seems that my front brake disk is not running true so I put an indicator on it and sure enough there's about 1mm of runout and a noticeable tight spot when turning the wheel by hand. I have removed the brake disk and found 0.15mm of runout on the hub where the disk attaches and I put the disk on a surface plate and found only 0.07 mm difference between all the mounting points and I can feel practically zero rock on the disk so I'm confident the hub is the culprit. Now the way I see it I have 3 options, 1 shimm between the hub and disk to get all readings within around 0.05mm. 2 sand off the high spots on the hub till it rins true, or no 3 sell a kidney and use the cash to take the hub to a machine shop and have them skimm it true on a lathe

So gents have any of you had this issue before? How did you sort it? And what are your thoughts on the 3 options?